Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Bottom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
I took out my driverside seat cushion bottom to replace it with a used on that I purchased, which is the wrong one by the way headbang.gif and I found this wire coming out of it. What is it? It was not plugged in but I am curious if it is something that is needed.
Click to view attachment

bye1.gif
Jack
Eric_Shea
Seat Heater! "First"!!! w00t.gif

(OK, it's really a seat belt warning/ingnition prevention system... see the light on the dash? Wait... not on your dash, on the dash of the car it came out of... Actually, your car as a 74 should have it under the passengers seat.) biggrin.gif
championgt1
"seat heater" av-943.gif

Strange that it would actually be the passenger side seat since this is the seat bottom that was worn out. The one on the passenger side is in great condition.
pete914
Funny, I have the dash light but not the chord under the cushion...Must have non-original seats. I never even thought about it...
Eric_Shea
I'll let others who are more knowledgable play clean up here.

I "know" it's for the seat belt system and I believe the system does the following:

Disables the ignition if someone is sitting in that seat and the belt isn't fastened (check for wires shrinkwrapped down the seatbelt receptical)

Disables the ignition if Slits is driving (naked) barf.gif

Sparks the little light on the dash if you're not buckled up.
PeeGreen 914
Hey Jack

I will have to show you what I did to bypass this as if it has not been done on your car yet it will cause a problem someday.
Dave_Darling
What makes the cushion the "wrong" one? IIRC, you can swap them at will.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.