Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on selling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I was going to sell my engine whole as it is an original six engine. The guy that was going to buy it found another. Now I know what I would like to do and have the $ to do it. Sooooo I am thinking of now putting the stuff I don't need on ebay. I could do the whole engine, but I think I could make more parting it. What do you guys think? beerchug.gif
McMark
I think you have more potential as a package, but you'd probably have to wait for the right person to come along.
PeeGreen 914
That's what I was thinking. I was thinking of trying evilbay with a reserve, but I don't know. I really don't like to use ebay for selling 914 stuff. I just know that sometimes you can get more for the parts seperately. but since this is an original six they may pay more for the whole thing.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 22 2008, 02:43 PM) *

That's what I was thinking. I was thinking of trying evilbay with a reserve, but I don't know. I really don't like to use ebay for selling 914 stuff. I just know that sometimes you can get more for the parts seperately. but since this is an original six they may pay more for the whole thing.

You could also end up selling only a few pieces and having a box full of stuff you can't use or can't sell. It will take you much longer to find a buyer for each of those little things. Keep it together and you'll get rid of it quicker, make some teener a happy camper, and know you've done the right thing.

BTW, how much are you asking?
PeeGreen 914
Good point. Not as if I don't have a ton of 914 stuff I need to haul to the dump anyway. The price you pay when people give you parts cars wink.gif I just want it to go to someone who is going to appreciate what it is. I could build this engine to be what I want, but I just have a hard time doing that to a real 6 case. I know that they are becoming fewer and fewer and I just don't want to be the person who kills this one.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 22 2008, 12:07 PM) *

BTW, how much are you asking?

I was going to sell it to the guy for 5k without the oil cooler and without the flywheel. There was a guy who was selling a 2.4l that I could have just done a staight acroos money exchange, but I didn't have a buyer. Then a guy came along so I found another and now this one falls aprt. But now I have the money to just do whatever I want. I guess it would stay the same price as it would be fair. however, I didn't want to make this a classified ad.

I just rebuilt the engine last year and it is running very strong. I just need more hp.
messix
i'll take it if you could find a 30yr mortgage at 4.5 laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif silly Troy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.