Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kinda OT: Conversation with Dad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
It surprised me to learn that my Dad knew Von Dutch (Kenny Howard) when my Dad had his upholstery shop on Sunset & La Brea in Hollywood back in the '50's. This morning we started talking about different interior stylings & Von Dutch came up in the conversation along with the shop where he worked out of. A guy by the name of The Arab. My dad knew him too. Anything to do with cars back then in the Hollywood area, the guys were tight. They knew of each others specialty & took advantage of their skills to get out the best looking cars. My Dad had the rep of his interiors along with being able to turn out custom convertable tops in an hour & a half. His tuck & roll was known along with the diamond button tuft thruout LA area. He was instrumental in designing the Carson top. So much history is in the minds of our Moms & Dads & it's a revelation when we find out these things that pertain to us now.
I did a search for Von Dutch and was amazed at what came up. Everything my Dad said was in there.
http://www.letterhead.com/articles/bob_burns/vondutch/

enjoy beer.gif

..................b
redshift
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jan 11 2004, 03:56 PM)
when my Dad had his upholstery shop on Sunset & La Brea in Hollywood back in the '50's.

Wow! Neat stuff Bruce!

Famous guys, in small circles. Thanks for the link, that is cool.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.