Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA Lit and Memorabilia Show tomorrow, Saturday!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
The stuff's boxed, the fuel tank is full, and we're ready to go! Gonna get up at Odarkthirty, and be there at 0730. Regular admission is at 0900, and I think it costs 5 bucks. I'm bringing a sizable amount of books, manuals, posters, and a little memorabilia. Got some original D-jet training and troubleshooting stuff, as well as a couple of 914 sales brochures, and other 914 related stuff. Around 20 mostly factory posters (some are Porsche/North America).

Oh, need I mention I'm bring my attitude? All of it. I've got a bad cold, and I'm even lees likely than normal to abide "stupid". Come see the show! Certified Teener CSOBs are, of course, attitude exempt!

Hope to see some of you there! The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
I'm baaaaaack! 15 hours later. Good news for someone here, the 914 and D-jet materials didn't sell, not the posters (CSOBs need to ignore that part. My attitude worked well, as several northern Europeans went away miffed when I wouldn't negotiate on some REALLY bigbux stuff. A problem for some of them, because what they want is so rare it may be the first time they've ever seen it, and they may never find it anywhere else. The price just went up. We were in the small room, right next to Tony Adamowitz, a local former 917 driver, who apparently worked on "Grand Prix". The big room was the biggest "candy store" you can ever imagine. Scary.

Sorry we didn't see any of you! The Cap'n
ericread
Cap'n
I roved both rooms a few times and didn't ever see you or your booth. Bummer;

Kinda of funny, $5.00 top enter the rooms and $12.00 to park!

Sunday I went to the associated swap meet in Costa Mesa; It was VERY wet in the morning, but cleared up mid-day.

Lots of fun stuff at both events!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.