Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Members VIN Numbers update ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
more updates to the members VIN numbers list ...

- you can now sort by "GTs - Factory/Dealer/m471" which will give you a (not completed yet) list of all factory GTs as well as factory/dealer built GTs and m471 cars.

- search for a VIN. you can now easily search for a specific VIN number.

- cleaned up the database some more, removed tons of duplicates and dead entries.

please take this opportunity to update your current VINs and add any additional info about your car such as color, datecode, chassis number etc.
also, please add cars you owned in the past or cars that you cut up or parted out.

beerchug.gif Andy

the members VIN list:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 22 2008, 09:13 PM) *

more updates to the members VIN numbers list ...

- you can now sort by "GTs - Factory/Dealer/m471" which will give you a (not completed yet) list of all factory GTs as well as factory/dealer built GTs and m471 cars.

- search for a VIN. you can now easily search for a specific VIN number.

- cleaned up the database some more, removed tons of duplicates and dead entries.

please take this opportunity to update your current VINs and add any additional info about your car such as color, datecode, chassis number etc.
also, please add cars you owned in the past or cars that you cut up or parted out.

beerchug.gif Andy

the members VIN list:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

"removed....dead entries"? My God, how will we ever deal with the gross masses of owners, "over ten thousand" that inhabit the "other" site? Are you nuts?

Do WE care?

I just love false statistics - sorta like my local weather channel. Greatest job in the world - "meteoroligist". You pull six figures, screw up almost daily, make no excuses & your boss doesn't fire you. Sweet!
Pat
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 22 2008, 06:59 PM) *

"removed....dead entries"? My God, how will we ever deal with the gross masses of owners, "over ten thousand" that inhabit the "other" site? Are you nuts?

biggrin.gif

after cleaning up the lost in space entries, i counted 3,716 unique VINs in the Database.

that ignores any duplicate entries (hence i used the word unique rolleyes.gif )

soooooo, i'm thinking, 3,716 VIN numbers is pretty darn good. smilie_pokal.gif

only 115,276 to go ...
laugh.gif Andy
Joe Ricard
I sold 5566 car to Rob Watson How do I change it?
type47
i know a VIN of a real -6 but don't think i should add it. i PM'ed the owner to add it but he does not frequent this board. just wait for him to act?
rfuerst911sc
Forgive a newbie question but is this VIN tracking just for /6 cars or any 914? I am working on my first 914 converting it to a six but the VIN would show as a 4 banger, just don't want to pollute the database if the intent is to track sixes.
davep
The database is there to track all 914's; the fours, sixes, prototypes and the 916. The database is most useful if the body # and paint code are included as well as any other serial data.
You can add a car you don't own, just mark it as owner unknown. The entry is really only useful if some other data is included. I suppose if you simply add the VIN and say the car is a known running car, and include a location, then that in itself might be useful.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 23 2008, 06:12 AM) *

The database is there to track all 914's; the fours, sixes, prototypes and the 916. The database is most useful if the body # and paint code are included as well as any other serial data.

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 23 2008, 06:12 AM) *

You can add a car you don't own, just mark it as owner unknown. The entry is really only useful if some other data is included. I suppose if you simply add the VIN and say the car is a known running car, and include a location, then that in itself might be useful.

dave, only VIN admins can add cars that have no owner ...
shades.gif Andy
davep
Oops, It is easy enough for me, but then I am one. So, send me the data and I will enter it into the database.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.