Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fibre / Titanium Oil Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
Take a look:

Ebay Oil Tank

Anyone think they can adapt it to a 914? It's going for less than a stock oil tank.
soloracer
On another note, I know that the stock oil tank for a Porsche 6 conversion in a 914 is very expensive new. I see on e-bay there are quite a few tanks available (early 911, late 911, 993, etc.) and they are going for under $200. What is wrong with using these tanks?
redshift
Well, you can use them, but they must be modified, and it doesn't fit in the right place... have you seen the mounting of a stock one?

M
Jeroen
Wow! That's cool!
I'd bid on it, but I don't think the wife will allow me to put it on a pedestal in our living room biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
hargray2
it could look pretty sweet in the rear trunk against the firewall.
Jeroen
Hmmm... I do have a stock /6 oil tank, and since it's obviously worth more...
You think he's in for a trade biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Very interesting thought. I still need to meet with the Carbon fiber guy's here in NorCal sometime this next week. I'll show them a stock 9146 tank and see what they say about duping it in CF.

Thanks for the idea. I thought the next tanks I would see would be stainless...

B
larryp
Has anyone seen a stock 911 oil tank mounted in a 914

hmm. let me think, let me think ....
redshift
Is that carpet, or sponge?

laugh.gif

Your car looks like a sponge, mine is a sponge.

M
Gint
larryp Posted on Jan 12 2004, 04:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone seen a stock 911 oil tank mounted in a 914

hmm. let me think, let me think ....  

Hey larryp,

Did you buy that car out of California 1 to 2 years back? One just like that listed on ebay that I had a local check out for me. Almost bought it.
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 12 2004, 09:51 AM)
Very interesting thought. I still need to meet with the Carbon fiber guy's here in NorCal sometime this next week. I'll show them a stock 9146 tank and see what they say about duping it in CF.

Thanks for the idea. I thought the next tanks I would see would be stainless...

B

Duh! Brilliant!!!

If you need a /6 tank to sacrifice, I'll trade mine for a new CF one biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
larryp
Gint-

I did (did you really think there were two like that???

New wheels, a new tranny, an oil cooler and LSD, rebuilt the susp and brakes and Chris is putting in the correct engine mount. It is close to (to me at least) perfect. The engine was good and the body and interior both excellent.

The oil tank is now replaced too!
Gint
larryp
I did (did you really think there were two like that???

Nope. Hey, mind if I ask what you paid for it? I'm curious after negotiating with the seller for quite a while. You can send PM or email if you would like. Or tell me to pound sand...
Brad Roberts
Jeroen.. I spoke with another CF guy in Mississippi today.. I will send him the tank early next week. I'm meeting with the local guy Friday and will show him the tank. The MS guy said he knew exactly how to do the fittings and baffles.

B
Jeroen
Cool. This way you could order them either with 26 or 30 mm metric fittings or AN fittings
If you need my tank, lemme know

cheers,

Jeroen
shoguneagle
Now, this what this group of people is all about. Coming up with possibilities to solving situations and problems. An oil tank in "CF"; great possibilities. This I would buy. I will not buy an original tank since it very definitely a controlled price marrket. I do not like getting "price raped" over an item. People who know me know I do pay
what ever price necessary to get a project done as long as it is fair and equitable. For the price wanted for an original 916-6 oil tank, I think I can mount a 911 tank in the rear, have lines made for a front oil cooler, create road hazard protection, lines for the oil tank, etc

Think you are on the right track; I am very interested in obtaining. I am not building an original concourse 914-6; I am building a 914-6 project car with 2.7 RS carb type engine. I am only interested in building the project that I can drive in the desert on club events

Very, Very Interesting!!!

These are my thoughts
Sincerely
Steve Hurt
Jeroen
While we're at it...
How about increasing the capacity of the oil tank
A couple of extra quarts of oil for the big /6 engines or hard used race engines wouldn't hurt

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.