Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got issues! Sold 2 914's today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I'm losing it. I finally decide to get rid of my extra cars to gain some space. Little did I know it was going to be for 2 more 914's. I got serious issues man huh.gif .

So I sold a 73 1.7 runner. I also sold him my 72 1.7 project/donor car. I also sold him an extra 1.7 to play around with building. So my wife is happy as we are cleaning out some of the stuff in the garage. Not sure if I bought the other cars just to make sure she didn't try to put some of her crap down in my space confused24.gif

Anyway I bought a 74 2.0 & a 73 2.0 for a total of $1100. The 73 is a donor car & has had some cancer repair done. The passenger side pillar below the battery up to the lnitud under the door. Really wouldn't have bothered with it but the drivetrain is still intact with it's FI.

The 74 2.0 has some potential. It needs a fair amount of work but is doable. It has the a/c & it is all there. Has Mahle wheels in great shape 7 even has a mahle spare. The interior is in pretty good shape including the dash. I thought it was a perfect dash with no cracks. I did see them ay night when I bought them. Unfortunately I found a crack but it is small. Anyway check out the pics & tell me what you think chowtime.gif
Gint
I am a sick sick man

agree.gif
JRust
More pics
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 23 2008, 06:41 PM) *

Sold 2 914's today bought 2 more ... tell me what you think

i think you should add all your past cars and all your current cars into the members VIN database. shades.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

at the rate you're going, you'll have our database filled up in no time!
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: and don't forget to add color-codes/ build-dates and chassis numbers for each car as well ... bye1.gif
Justinp71
Do you still have that 6 conversion fire car?

Maybe the carbs from it???? biggrin.gif
JRust
Hey Justin I don't have the six conversion car anymore. I have some of the stuff off of it but that's it. It was toast literally & went to the crusher. I did pull off just about everything though. I have a killer 5-lug suspension just waiting for the right car. The PMO carbs are as we speak being worked on by Harry Bieker. They will be good as new & 41.5mm when he's done with them. I will probably sell them when they are done. I have no plans on doing a six right now. Maybe I'll trade them??? Who knows
computers4kids

Anyway check out the pics & tell me what you think chowtime.gif

I think you should sell me one of the running 2.0 motors. driving.gif
JRust
i think you should add all your past cars and all your current cars into the members VIN database. shades.gif

That is a good idea Andy. I'll do it now as I have the title's in front of me.

at the rate you're going, you'll have our database filled up in no time!
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: and don't forget to add color-codes/ build-dates and chassis numbers for each car as well ... bye1.gif

I didn't know you were that funny. Other than the hair I mean av-943.gif

I'm not sure I know where to find all that stuff? Where is it?
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 23 2008, 09:14 PM) *

Anyway check out the pics & tell me what you think chowtime.gif

I think you should sell me one of the running 2.0 motors. driving.gif

I'm not sure if either are running yet. One thing I got screwed with is keys. None to be found. Hopefully he can track them down. I should have one for you when you come up for WCC piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 23 2008, 09:16 PM) *

I'm not sure I know where to find all that stuff? Where is it?

click here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

then click on "ADD a new VIN ..." and click on the "need help?" links for each field.
it'll tell you where to find the numbers etc.

beerchug.gif Andy
trscott
My son and I are the ones who bought a couple cars from Jamie today. Well we tried to help, but seems like we only got him ahead by about 1100cc (he added two cars and add two 2.0 liter motors, and we took two cars and three 1.7 liter motors).

Jamie,

We got everything home okay, but we continued to have trouble shifting the '73 even when the idle was down to 7 or 8 hundred RPM. I don't know if it is a clutch adjustment, or something else. I will check the gear oil. There is also something definitely wrong with the electrical system. Probably needs the whole harness sorted out. The right taillight wouldn't go out when we stopped once, I had to unplug a wire from the light to save the battery, and plug it back in to drive the rest of the way. The charge light was on solid the whole way home and by the time we got home we could barely see by the headlights because the battery had about run down. Maybe a voltage regulator out of adjustment or something.

We even put a tarp over the red "potted plant."

Lots to do, but we'll have fun.

rhodyguy
1? do you have a car that you can drive? ok 2. what's the story with the punched out 4cyl powerplant from camp? well 3. is it installed yet? i guess 4?. is your wife speaking to you this am?

k
computers4kids
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 24 2008, 05:32 AM) *

1? do you have a car that you can drive? k

agree.gif Jamie...half of the fun is taking them apart and working on them, BUT the other half (at least) is driving.gif them! I'm going to have the admins change your label status to "JRust Car Dealer & Dismantler." I'm down to just two again and almost all the extra parts are gone! Yeah! Although I am chasing down a sweet deal...hopefully it pans-out. Have Fun.
JRust

1? do you have a car that you can drive? ok 2. what's the story with the punched out 4cyl powerplant from camp? well 3. is it installed yet? i guess 4?. is your wife speaking to you this am?

k

1. No I sold my only Driver 2. The powerplant for Camp is going into my good 74 soon & that answers 3 as well . 4 Does yelling count as speaking confused24.gif . No actually she is fine. None of my 914 purchases come out of our budget. I don't borrow money to buy anything. I get my money for them by buying & selling parts or whole cars. So she is actually pretty cool about it most the time. I also have the space & they are out of her way.
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 24 2008, 07:08 AM) *

1? do you have a car that you can drive? k

agree.gif Jamie...half of the fun is taking them apart and working on them, BUT the other half (at least) is driving.gif them! I'm going to have the admins change your label status to "JRust Car Dealer & Dismantler." I'm down to just two again and almost all the extra parts are gone! Yeah! Although I am chasing down a sweet deal...hopefully it pans-out. Have Fun.

I do have tons of extra parts. I need to start selling off all that stuff. I also need to decide on what to do with these. I may just try to find a home for the 73 as it sits. It would be a project but the he actually replaced the hard section. So the long just needs finished below the door. The gaps are good at the door. The 74 2.0 I think I want to restore but we'll see. My other 74 that was a 1.8 was kind of my project car. Still debating putting metal gt flares on it. The rear passenger quarter has a ripple/dent I need to fix. Most of it would be cut out with flares. So I am kicking it around. Mark you are just as bad as me agree.gif . Although you are a better mechanic & body man for sure.
914werke
Jamie your my hero happy11.gif
JRust
barf.gif bs.gif av-943.gif

Not particularly in that order
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 24 2008, 10:07 AM) *

Jamie your my hero happy11.gif
JPB
You have just recieved a clean bill of health and both your nuts have increased in size by 50%. I would say, use them asap to appease the other party. beer.gif
JRust
I think one of my nuts may be lodged in my stomach somewhere. One of the cars was stuck in gear & we had to pick up the rear end to get it off the trailer. Just carry a ways while pushing down. I think the 3rd lift my buddy decided to let me shoulder most the load. I don't recommend doing it this way. Next time I'll disconnect the axles from the tranny
trscott
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 24 2008, 07:23 PM) *

I think one of my nuts may be lodged in my stomach somewhere. One of the cars was stuck in gear & we had to pick up the rear end to get it off the trailer. Just carry a ways while pushing down. I think the 3rd lift my buddy decided to let me shoulder most the load. I don't recommend doing it this way. Next time I'll disconnect the axles from the tranny

I noticed your white car had wheel dollies under each wheel. You could've just grabbed two of those and put a board on the trailer ramp. Just what you wanted, a bunch of people with 20/20 hindsight.

Anyway, that wouldn't have been nearly as impressive. You did have an audience didn't you; at least a curtain climber, if not if not your better half? <grin>

Ryan and I took the engine off the trailer when we got home by putting a scrap of 2x12 about 24"long on top of my rolling floor jack, and then put the furniture dolly on top of that board and then lifted it up to trailer height. Then all we had to do was brace the dolley with our knees and slide the engine off the trailer right onto the dolley. Then I balanced it while my son very slowly rolled it back from the trailer side and dropped the jack. Worked like a champ with no back strain at all. I think we could've lifted it down just the two of us, but it was asking to get hurt.

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.