Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cylinders back from rimco! ready to install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
cylinders back from rimco! ready to install!

after 3 sets of "broke fin, drop kicked" packages from the "postal experiance", i've finally got my "torque plated/bored" cylinders back! in one peice! piratenanner.gif buying insurance thru usps is a waste. their policy is deny all claims. im in appeal right now, it's only been about 3 mo.'s!!

gotta say don at rimco treated me right (and the return packaging). PEOPLE let me tell ya', it's worth the effort to overpackage cylinders. i checked around to find a local shop that used a "real torque down set up". closest was so.cal. the worst thing was that i had to re-ship them (first set to survive 100%). rimco got them, confirmed they arrived a-1 cond., bored them and packaged the hell out of them and got them back (ups with $750 insurance just in case). biggrin.gif

wife didnt like it but i snuck the cylinders and pistons into the hillbilly hot tank last night... tooth.gif happy11.gif dont tell me some off you have never misused the dishwasher bootyshake.gif o.k. they WERE 99% clean from the shop's thourough clean up, but i had to do it! hope to have them on, d/h set and heads bolted down this w.e. driving.gif

mike thumb3d.gif
Bleyseng
ok!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 24 2008, 08:18 AM) *

ok!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

last w.e. came and went with to many things going on. dry.gif we did set one p&c on and visually check, it looked roughly .015ish below d/h. hopefully this sat/sun we can set d/h and install heads smile.gif . i'll get pictures

hows the m.p.s. coming along? beerchug.gif

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.