Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Please - Need Your Opinion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Can anybody recommend a welder in the SoCal area, I'm in Long Beach. My project has stalled and I'm trying to get it back together. Don't want to spend the cash on welding equipment and learning myself, I've got other hobbies and bodywork/welding isn't one of them. Also, drivetrain is out of the car so if I can find someone that will come to my house to do the work, thats a big plus.

So...if anybody knows someone who needs the work I've got the following I need done.

1. weld in new engine decklid hinge points
2. close marker light holes
3. R&R battery tray and support
4. close hole in bottom of the hell hole
5. tack in pnuematic lift brackets in the rear trunk

Kev :aah: wavey.gif
SLITS
Kevin .... posted info on NARP ....
kconway
Can I get some opinions on how much time each of these tasks should take an experienced welder to complete. I'm just trying to get a ball park figure so I can budget this work accordingly.

Thanks!

Kev
SirAndy
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 25 2008, 12:43 PM) *

Can I get some opinions on how much time each of these tasks should take an experienced welder to complete. I'm just trying to get a ball park figure so I can budget this work accordingly.

if you do all the prep work and all areas are easily accessible and all the replacement parts are there, i'd say two hours should do it ...

bye1.gif Andy

PS: that is for the welding only, not subsequent bodywork, like bondo etc ...
Rand
agree.gif
No more than two hours for the metal work / welding. And he should be able to get the surface good enough to not need much bondo at all on the marker light patches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.