Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuk, 5 914 for $1800
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
IMHO, too far gone.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=564380
wbergtho
Looks like a nice collection. I'm on the next plane to PIT to see them for myself!
pba110
Wow headbang.gif
Dr Evil
Its like a 914 death camp sad.gif
carr914
Man, that crap ain't worth $18. You would probably get cancer cleaning the birdsh@t off!

T.C.
So.Cal.914
It all looks like crap, but maybe there's a six hiding there. Good thing he's going to pay you $1800 to haul it off...
VaccaRabite
No sixes. At least I would be VERY surprised if there were. I have seen these cars (well three of them). The folks that own them are VERY VW savvy, and if they had any value they would not get rid of them (aside from the fact that they hate 914s).

Mike, these cars are at the "crotchety" VW shop near me, where I got my windshield.

Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 24 2008, 11:01 AM) *

No sixes. At least I would be VERY surprised if there were. I have seen these cars (well three of them). The folks that own them are VERY VW savvy, and if they had any value they would not get rid of them (aside from the fact that they hate 914s).

Mike, these cars are at the "crotchety" VW shop near me, where I got my windshield.

Zach

Ah, that makes sense.
jsayre914
Wow thats right down the street from me, mabey they could help me shovel them onto a truck biggrin.gif
plymouth37
Wow, I say you they dead...
jsayre914
sometimes you have to look harder dry.gif
Dr Evil
They tried to protect if from the elements with a tarp....and a tire on top of it dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 24 2008, 06:41 AM) *

IMHO, too far gone.

barf.gif
VaccaRabite
Sad fact is that these are salt belt cars that have been badly neglected. One, maybe two of them, have literally folded. Not been cut, but folded up. Not all of them have drive trains. The owners of the shop told me that they sold these buckets a while ago, but the owner never bothered to pick them up. I don't know that the Samba ad is the shop or the "owner."

Zach
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 24 2008, 12:08 PM) *

Wow thats right down the street from me, mabey they could help me shovel them onto a truck biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Have we met? If you are down the road from Stambachs then you are also down the road from me. :-)

Zach
JPB
Total disrespect for the dead! WTF.gif
abbott295
Serial numbers?
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 24 2008, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 24 2008, 12:08 PM) *

welcome.png
Have we met? If you are down the road from Stambachs then you are also down the road from me. :-)

Zach

Hey Zach im in East York, moved here about 2 years back from baltimore. whwere exactly are you? blink.gif
warrenoliver
Click to view attachmentSo, what in the heck is that on the hood of the blue car? WTF.gif Sunroof for the trunk? Maybe grow some ganja in there?
Wish I lived closer, those look like a real find. av-943.gif

Warrenoliver
Spoke
These cars and the ad are all part of an East Coast conspiracy to jack up the prices of our cars when we sell them. If people think these 'barn' finds are all of what's left of the 914s, then our rusted East Coast warriors will be worth a lot more...
jsayre914
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Feb 25 2008, 12:57 PM) *

Click to view attachmentSo, what in the heck is that on the hood of the blue car? WTF.gif Sunroof for the trunk? Maybe grow some ganja in there?
Wish I lived closer, those look like a real find. av-943.gif

Warrenoliver

dry.gif Dont be silly this is a rare solar powerd 914!!
dflesburg
if this guy thinks you could make one running car from this pile of crap, then keep me away from whatever he has been drinking...
fitsbain
I can fix them.

All of them.

I can I can I can!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.