Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion alt ?'S PLEASE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Ok I am in need of a little direction here guys. I am doing a 914-6 conversion and I am down to wiring the ALT....I know where the wires from my 914-4 alt go but am confused as to where the 911 ALT wires go. I have attached 2 pictures to show what I have to work with.....

1st question is on the 911 ALT have I got the poles listed correctly? and...

2nd question is do I split the (blue/D+/61) wire to go to the idiot light and my voltage regulator?

3d question is the 2nd red wire (the smaller one) that is not on my 914-4? Do I just disregard this wire?

I hope this makes sense...

Thank You

Josh (the nearly done one)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SLITS
As I remember, just follow the same colors and same wires on the /4 3 prong connector .... that's if you are using a /4 relay board .... which is what I did.

Other wise I will have to check my wiring when I get to the shop in an hour and report back tonight.

The small red wire (in the /6 loom) is always hot and I left it unconnected on my /6 conversion (ok, I capped it but didn't connect it to anything).

degreeoff
OK so I am #'d correctly? Black is equal to the DF?
effutuo101
From the first picture, yes. There is a DF on the plate ( unless it is on upside down) where the black wire is attached.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.