Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any AutoCAD Designers out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hi...

Im continuing work on my "Tube Frame 914 Project", wondering if anyone with AutoCAD experience has already drawn the Suspension/Transaxle Mounting Points so that I can more easily build a jig welder.gif for the new frame? Im willing to trade parts or some cash smilie_pokal.gif within reason...

Thanks....

Steve
SirAndy
idea.gif
Justinp71
You should make it in Solidworks and you can do stress analysis on it (not to mention 3d and animation) ... There used to be free copies of solidworks floating around...
quadracerx
Hey...

Your right idea.gif I have access to Solidworks as well....Anybody have the drawings?

Thanks....

Steve
BMXerror
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Feb 24 2008, 05:28 PM) *

Anybody have the drawings?

I doubt you're going to find that here. That would mean that someone would have to do a 914 unibody model. I would love to do that, but I'm not really good with the sheet metal side of Solidworks, and I would need a stripped down carcass to reverse engineer. Eventually I'd like to put in the time, though, as it'll help me in my race prep.
Mark D.
John
I too would like to have such a drawing.

All I would be looking for is 3-dimensional locations of all the suspension pick-up points (and any other under-body locators such as engine mount(s) and trans mounts).

Virtually, this would be like a 3-d drawing of the Celette bench fixture hole locations.
quadracerx
I dont know that it would need to be 3D.... idea.gif But accruate mounting points like those used by a Celette bench fixture would be great?

I was hoping someone would have something close....?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Steve
jd74914
Such drawing would be awesome for mocking up roll cages and such. drooley.gif
brer
you donna need no stinking 3D for that.
get yur pencil and T square out fool.
Dimensions are all that matter anyway

smile.gif
John
Well, If I had a car here at work, I would work toward finishing my drawing. I did get a very small start on a drawing using the "underbody dimensions" page on this site.

BTW, there is an error on that page. Dimension "d" is NOT 17,601 mm. (It's probably 1,760 mm)

The dimension page is missing enough references that I am stuck until I get to a car to measure.

For instance, the "form bead center" is a hateful reference point. Why would Porsche not publish dimensions from hard physical locations instead?

I do have the 4 "donuts" located (and a centerline, and a few references off of the centerline).

If anyone could reference the form bead center (front and back) to the front and rear locator recesses (donuts), it would be helpful. The car that I have on my rotisserie has no rear (donuts) right now, nor does it have a rear form bead center (that portion of floor is missing in action).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.