Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA and Performance Products rear valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
Thinking about ordering one of the short ones with no exhaust cut out to use with this exhaust. Bumpers are in the process of being backdated. Any problems with fiberglass that close to the exhaust? Just checkin before spending

Click to view attachment

LarryR

I cant speak to the 914 but on my 911 there is heat shielding inside the fiberglass to keep it from getting screwed up. It is kind of an insulation. The exhaust tips directly through the fiberglass and have not had a problem.
shelby/914
Surley someone else is running this set up icon_bump.gif
type47fan
Here's mine, Dan. I'm afraid it's not much help, though, because it's a modified steel valance from a '72. Any excuse to show off. . . sorry. . . .I did originally modify it for the ANSA exhaust I had on my '72. The later versions ('75-'76) hung much lower and didn't look right, so I left the stock exhaust on with the short valance on the '76 prior to the V8 conversion.

If you've got an ANSA system, the tips run really cool and shouldn't be a problem where they exit. You might want to put a small amount of heat insulation on the area inside between the tips. That's where the heat from the engine cooling and exhaust pipes are going to be most concentrated. However, shouldn't be much of a concern if you're running the short valance. Good luck.
orange914
QUOTE(type47fan @ Feb 25 2008, 10:23 PM) *

Here's mine, Dan. I'm afraid it's not much help, though, because it's a modified steel valance from a '72. Any excuse to show off. . . sorry. . . .

thats nice... are the tips modified/raised also? heres the valace kenny modified for a header, we may have a new muffler run thru like a 6... dunno...

mike
Click to view attachment
type47fan
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 25 2008, 10:43 PM) *

QUOTE(type47fan @ Feb 25 2008, 10:23 PM) *

Here's mine, Dan. I'm afraid it's not much help, though, because it's a modified steel valance from a '72. Any excuse to show off. . . sorry. . . .

thats nice... are the tips modified/raised also? heres the valace kenny modified for a header, we may have a new muffler run thru like a 6... dunno...

mike

It's a custom exhaust system that runs through a Camaro 2-in, 2-out muffler, like this only with the Pacesetter dual tips. . . .this one belonged to Skline's former V8.

Sorry, again, Dan. . .for the hijack. . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.