Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revised my front spoiler/bumper setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
At my last autox in Oct I went off course and dug the lip of the spoiler into the ground and generally screwed up the whole bumper and spoiler. The lip was ripped off, the brake ducts were ripped off the spoiler and the bumper was cracked. See for yourself...
URY914
I've spent the last few weeks changing things all around. I deleted the brake ducts (who needs to cool brakes on an autox car?). And I changed the way the whole thing mounts to the car. I am now using six dzus fasteners. I cut out the 1/2" tubing I was using to locate the mounting plates for the bumper. This makes it easier and quicker to get the bumper/spoiler on and off and I can do it without taking the hood off. The bumper and spoiler are a one piece unit.

And least I forget, this saved somewhere around three to four pounds!!! sawzall-smiley.gif

Here is some current shots...
URY914
right side
URY914
left side up close...
URY914
Next Sunday is the first event of my PCA's region autox, so I think I'm ready. I haven't run it locally since I painted it, so it will be fun to see thier faces.

(hopefully I can keep it on the track this time!!! sad.gif )

Paul
redshift
That look like quite a nice engineering job, better.

I like it.

M
TimT
Sweet!!!

do you have a mold for your passenger door?
URY914
I have my molds for both doors. Skin only, no inner panels or hinges or exterior handle cut outs.

Paul sawzall-smiley.gif
TimT
Any chance you might lay up a passenger door in the near future?

hint hint
URY914
Sure!
I love the smell of resin in the morning.
Need one?

Paul
watsonrx13
Paul, car looks great. Don't you just love this winter Florida weather for getting things done on the teener? Where's the event next weekend?
URY914
Next Sunday is Z-hills airport.
I would ask if your car will be ready but that wouldn't nice.
Stop by if you can.

Paul sawzall-smiley.gif
seanery
Z-hills airport! HA!

do they even HAVE hills in FL ? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
DNHunt
Hey Sean don't make fun of his hills. What you call hills we call bumps in the road.

Paul your car looks great. If I had 2 I'd consider doing what you've done. It must be a blast to drive.

Dave
maf914
Paul,

Looks good. I like it better without the ducts. Man, that thing is low. Its a good thing you know how to replace the splitter! laugh.gif

How did you fill the air duct openings? Did you use a foam backing or some other rigid board?

Mike
URY914
Mike, I just used my grinder to taper the edges down than glued/taped in some thin poster board material. Than I layed up some f-glass mat.

Dave, it is fun but I don't get to run it as offen as I'd like. This year I want to drive it more than work on it.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.