Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo tie rods installed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I installed the turbo tie rods on my steering rack. Thanks to some of the recent post on this site from DNHUNT and ERIC SHEA installation was really easy.

Thanks guys for posting steps and pics!!!

I thought the thin wrench requirement was going to lead to another new tool purchase. But, I got lucky and found that a wrench that is used to change the blade on my Delta table saw fit perfectly. So, if you've got a table saw - you may have a multi purpose tool that can be used for your turbo tie rod installation.
Pnambic
clap56.gif mueba.gif
Another step closer to another Indiana 914 on the road!

Gonna be ready for October?
Doug Leggins
A step in the other direction finally. I have been taking cars apart for the last year. It really feels good to put something together.

October??? That will be my target, but I've got a lot, pretty much everything else, still to put back together.
Eric_Shea
Looks "Beautious" glad to have been of some use around here... smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
Man that looks really good. Now that I have my car back on the road I think the one thing that I noticed the most was the quicker more precise steering.

Dave
hargray2
Doug, that looks almost exactly like my car under your name.

I don't remember what it's like to drive a 914. Last time I drove mine was almost 3 yrs ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.