Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maybe a dumb question Ceramic lifters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14
I know it is might be a dumb question, but anyone out there with a set of drop In type Ceramic lifters they want to sell? smile.gif
Mark Henry
2 sets...but no.
Bleyseng
I gots a set, what are you willing to pay? bye1.gif
orange914
mostly curious how ceramic seems to work so well on a dissimiliar materials? i.e. ceramic and steel confused24.gif

mike
Bleyseng
dissimilar materials.....so the ceramic face doesn't wear try to weld itself to the steel cam. There is a oilfilm between em...and they are feather weight compared to the steel lifters.
McMark
Ceramic is basically magic. It's used in absolutely TONS of crazy applications. Depending on how you make the ceramic, it has a wide variety of amazing properties.
SirAndy
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 26 2008, 03:20 PM) *

mostly curious how ceramic seems to work so well on a dissimiliar materials? i.e. ceramic and steel confused24.gif

a lot less friction makes for a lot less wear ...
shades.gif Andy
orange914
you'd think someone would still produce them, seems there quite a following must have been the cost?
Bleyseng
Jake RAby had a company make them but I think they got real busy with other more profitable contracts and didn't have the time to make our little parts runs.

They were new $400 a set.
jd74914
Ceramics are not metals. smile.gif They are amazing and very hard materials (not very ductile though).
Mark Henry
Then the supplier popped up the price over $600...lied about delivery dates to LN...etc...Just a nightmare to Charles and Jake.
Good product, but the supplier Shubeck was a bootyshake.gif

I just tore down a 2.6L engine I built (due to the dude treating it like a honda engine...8500+++rpm) and the lifters and cam lobes look brand new. Most of the coating is still on the lobes.
Demick
I have them in my engine. Too bad they are NLA, as they take care of the problem caused by the new formulation low zinc oils.
gregrobbins
I have a set I would sell. Price will reflect that they are the best lifters period, no longer made, and impossible to find.

But if you want the BEST.....
Jake Raby
mostly curious how ceramic seems to work so well on a dissimiliar materials?

How about ZERO wear! I have had them in one race engine since 2,000. The cam and lifters look brand new, like they were never ran. They were our secret weapon for 5 years, then the war in Iraq and a new mini-gun for the AH 64 and A-10 warthog started gobbling up all the silicon nitride material they are made with.

All the ones we have left, we use for tools to break in cams and lifter sets in our turnkey engines- they polish lobes to a degree that no other process can create.
Elliot Cannon
I'll sell you the set I have for $14,000 but you have to take the car they are installed in. biggrin.gif
nein14
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 26 2008, 02:54 PM) *

I gots a set, what are you willing to pay? bye1.gif

PM me with what you want for them bye1.gif
nein14
Anyone have set they want to sell?
Katmanken
Looks like the Schubeck site is back up.

Not sure if he is back in bidness with the usual service or somebody is backing him.

Ken
cnavarro
Schubeck's site was never taken down, that's why it's up. Needless to say, their location in Las Vegas is empty and has been so for quite some time.
type47
QUOTE(cnavarro @ Mar 1 2008, 06:28 PM) *

, their location in Las Vegas is empty and has been so for quite some time.

let's see if i can figure this one out. CEO with a gambling problem sets up shop in Lost Wages........ blink.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.