Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New(ish)bie says hello
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AJB
Hi - just thought I'd say an official hello, although I've been lurking round here for a little while. Finally bought myself a 914 back in November time and quietly joined the forum, but I feel like I've missed out on the traditional 914world welcome!

The car is a 75 MY 1.8 built Oct 74. Originally a US car, based in Florida it was imported to Britain around 1982 I think.

The only pictures I have are from the previous owner taken back in the summer of last year, as the day I drove her home it snowed and she's been pretty much locked in the garage ever since.
SGB
WELCOME(ish)!

Driving a left hand drive car on left hand drive road isa wierd experience..
jd74914
welcome.png Nice looking car! biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
welcome.png
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

There, a proper greeting.

Now please explain what MOT is?
AJB
QUOTE(SGB @ Feb 26 2008, 10:21 PM) *

WELCOME(ish)!

Driving a left hand drive car on left hand drive road isa wierd experience..

agree.gif

It does take some getting used to. I used to have a Westy Camper so I'm kinda used to it, but overtaking can be a very interesting experience!
AJB
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 26 2008, 10:47 PM) *

Now please explain what MOT is?

The MOT test is the annual roadworthyness* inspection that all cars over 3 years old need to pass to be legal. The initials refer to the Ministry of Transport from the olden days. Don't think the Government department has been called that for years, but the initials stuck.

*Roadworthyness is a word I just made up. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in any dictionary, but I'm sure you know what I mean!

Click to view attachment

AJB
Cap'n Krusty
It's a real word, buy spelled with a "i" rather than a "y". Welcome! The Cap'n
AJB
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 26 2008, 11:07 PM) *

Bugger! Doesn't this thing have spellcheck? biggrin.gif
rktmn247
welcome.png Looking good!
AJB
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Last of the pics;

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
top of the morning! biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Gint
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Feb 26 2008, 06:47 PM) *

top of the morning! biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Yeah it must be what, around 0500?

Nice ride!
Eric_Shea

It's good to see a Brit screw up the English language for once! I'm tired of carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. w00t.gif

Nice ride. Now go take it apart!!

welcome.png
championgt1
welcome.png Nice looking car!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 26 2008, 08:58 PM) *

It's good to see a Brit screw up the English language for once! I'm tired of carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. w00t.gif

Nice ride. Now go take it apart!!

welcome.png

Huh, weight of the world?

Don't forget about the rest of us, because we is just as imported! You think you're the only one with command of the inglish? Wrong! Many of us can speak several tongues - like hillbilly, philly, etc.

Sorry, no hijack intended!

Welsome to the WORLD of 914 whackos. Nice ride! DON'T take it apart,unless it's broken.

You'll see, as you spend time here, that we are helpful, considerate, thoughtful, and downright ...wierd!

Happy to have you! Eric is the wierdest of all of us. He's on medication, you know! (Butterfingers & Snickers).
Pat
Dr Evil
Hey Man,
Did the shirt show up yet? welcome.png
GWN7
birthday3.gif

Wait....wrong one ..............

chowtime.gif

errr

welcome.png

There ya go
Trevorg7
welcome.png

T
DEC
welcome.png

smilie_flagge6.gif
hcdmueller
welcome.png

Nice number plates. How old does the car have to be to get those?

Where are you at in the UK?
type47
QUOTE(AJB @ Feb 26 2008, 03:20 PM) *

don't know, but we spell it "color" biggrin.gif in case the spell check doesn't work
Mugs914
welcome.png

Nice motor! Great to have you here!
So.Cal.914
welcome.png Nice teener, Welcome to the jungle...Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JPB
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 27 2008, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(AJB @ Feb 26 2008, 03:20 PM) *

don't know, but we spell it "color" biggrin.gif in case the spell check doesn't work

WRONG!! Its colour ya monkey chicken! Hey, just backing the Canucks here. LOL

welcome.png My favourit Brit sounding saying, yet very French character,"Earl Grey hot!" Jean-Luc Picard USS Enterprise
AJB
Thanks again everyone - great to be here.

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 27 2008, 02:31 AM) *

Hey Man,

Hey Mike. Yep, the shirt showed up as promised - very cool! However Mrs B does not like it at all - something to do with her being Catholic and the T shirt featuring the word "Evil" along with a picture of the man downstairs (that's Satan, not someone living in our basement...). She tells me that she doesn't want it in the house. I'm thinking of doing the manly thing - hiding it in the garage and only wearing it when she's not around. What d'ya think?

QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Feb 27 2008, 08:05 AM) *

welcome.png

Those style of number plates are only street legal on pre August '73 vehicles, although the PO used to run with them and tells me he didn't have any problems. I think I'll end up changing them though. I don't think a standard UK plate will fit on the rear but I'll need to get my measuring tape out to be certain.

I'm just to the south of Birmingham in the West Midlands - about an hour and a half from London.

QUOTE(JPB @ Feb 27 2008, 09:06 PM) *

You're right - it's colour, and don't get me started on "tyre".....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(AJB @ Feb 27 2008, 03:52 PM) *

Thanks again everyone - great to be here.

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 27 2008, 02:31 AM) *

Hey Man,

Hey Mike. Yep, the shirt showed up as promised - very cool! However Mrs B does not like it at all - something to do with her being Catholic and the T shirt featuring the word "Evil" along with a picture of the man downstairs (that's Satan, not someone living in our basement...). She tells me that she doesn't want it in the house. I'm thinking of doing the manly thing - hiding it in the garage and only wearing it when she's not around. What d'ya think?

QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Feb 27 2008, 08:05 AM) *

welcome.png

Those style of number plates are only street legal on pre August '73 vehicles, although the PO used to run with them and tells me he didn't have any problems. I think I'll end up changing them though. I don't think a standard UK plate will fit on the rear but I'll need to get my measuring tape out to be certain.

I'm just to the south of Birmingham in the West Midlands - about an hour and a half from London.

QUOTE(JPB @ Feb 27 2008, 09:06 PM) *

You're right - it's colour, and don't get me started on "tyre".....

Pip Pip!

Tell Mrs B you bought it for her to wear as a night shirt when she's feeling randi... happy11.gif

welcome.png assimilate.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Tell Mrs B you bought it for her to wear as a night shirt when she's feeling randi... happy11.gif

welcome.png assimilate.gif

Speaking of spelling, what's Mrs. Randi gonna say when Mrs. B is "feeling Randi"?

(Google "randi") The Cap'n
JPB
Isa Tyred and gotsta beer.gif beer3.gif idea.gif sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.