Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Collector Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I purchased personalized collector plates for my car today. Paid my 125 bucks and will never have to pay for tabs or renewal ever again. Only need to use one plate so it will go on the back. The plate will read - 914- I was shocked that it was still available. piratenanner.gif
LowGT
Does MN have driving restrictions with collector plates?
sixnotfour
I have had 914-6 personalized plate for 30yrs and have paid 30 plus license fees every year.
I wish we could do a one time buy in Washington state.
iamchappy
Only that you have to have another car that is used for general transportation.
They removed the mileage restrictions a few years ago. My car is going to be used mostly for fun. Before i restored it i thought i would be driving it all of the time, i changed my mind when i realized how nice it had become.
Chuck
Nice score Chappy!

I picked up personalized collector plates for mine when I transferred the title last April.

Mine says THNKYOU because the seed money for the project came from the estate of my grandparents.
ConeDodger
My silver car has 914 2LTR on it... I will be letting these go soon and switching to the CONEDGR plate from my Carrera. With the 2270 the 2LTR seemed a bit inaccurate...
DanT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2008, 06:01 PM) *

My silver car has 914 2LTR on it... I will be letting these go soon and switching to the CONEDGR plate from my Carrera. With the 2270 the 2LTR seemed a bit inaccurate...

more like false advertisement.....smile.gif Hi Rob bye1.gif
race914
This collector plate is only $39.95.

Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
My plate is ROBS914...

-- Rob
iamchappy
The choices i had listed as preferences were 914, 914-6GT and 914-GT. All were still available.
Since my car is really just a 914 i thought it most appropriate. Now if i ever own a real 914 GT i bet it wont be available anymore.
nsr-jamie
No collector plates for me here in Japan, but for an additional 75 bucks or so I can choose the numbers I want for my license, I am going with 914 of course and for an extra 125 dollars or so you can have illuminated licence plates here in Japan, never seen those back home when I was living there..that would be cool to see at night, a 914 with cool green glowing 914 license plate lights biggrin.gif
iamchappy
In the UAE last week, someone paid 14 million to have a license plate with only the number 1 on it....
7TPorsh
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 27 2008, 06:45 AM) *

In the UAE last week, someone paid 14 million to have a license plate with only the number 1 on it....

Must be for his I.Q.

Anyone using those replica plates? Like the blue California copies?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 26 2008, 03:21 PM) *

I purchased personalized collector plates for my car today. Paid my 125 bucks and will never have to pay for tabs or renewal ever again. Only need to use one plate so it will go on the back. The plate will read - 914- I was shocked that it was still available. piratenanner.gif

Chappy,

Don't you think a simple 914 kind of understates your car? Shouldn't it be something that says "Ya! That's Right Beotch!"? I mean after all, your car isn't exactly a sweet and innocent little flower is it?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Feb 26 2008, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2008, 06:01 PM) *

more like false advertisement.....smile.gif Hi Rob bye1.gif

Too True! Maybe I should just see if 2270 is available? Or, how about Torquer?
PeeGreen 914
I have collector plates, but they say you are not supposed to drive that car over 2,000 miles a year. They have never checked though.
Matt Meyer
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 26 2008, 04:19 PM) *

I have had 914-6 personalized plate for 30yrs and have paid 30 plus license fees every year.
I wish we could do a one time buy in Washington state.

In Washington State you can buy collector plates that have no renewal fee. But there are restrictions. I have a neighbor who drives his Camaro with Collector Plates on, it seems like every day in the summer.

WA State collector plate page

Haven't seen these personalized. You could probably restore one of those yellow personalized plates for your car though, if you could find the one you wanted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.