Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Note to Admins-VIN Listings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
This may have been brought up before.

It may be helpful to add a couple of columns in the VIN listing. One to show "years Owned" and another with a checkbox saying if you are current owner?

Just suggestions.

My car is listed twice; can't tell who owns it now or before.
davep
If Andy has the time and the need is great enough that can be done. Normally the member listed is the current owner. If they forget to remove the VIN from their profile when they sell it, then there can be problems. The easiest way to correct a dual entry is to send it to myself or Andy for editing.
rktmn247
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 26 2008, 02:34 PM) *

If Andy has the time and the need is great enough that can be done. Normally the member listed is the current owner. If they forget to remove the VIN from their profile when they sell it, then there can be problems. The easiest way to correct a dual entry is to send it to myself or Andy for editing.

Mine is also listed twice (previous owner did not delete after selling) and I thought I had brought it to the attention of the right people previously. If you can correct this for me that would be great. Thanks!
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(rktmn247 @ Feb 26 2008, 07:21 PM) *

Mine is also listed twice (previous owner did not delete after selling) and I thought I had brought it to the attention of the right people previously. If you can correct this for me that would be great. Thanks!

Your wish is our command, master. Thank you for the "heads up"

Paul
rktmn247
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Feb 26 2008, 04:49 PM) *

Paul

Wohoo! Thanks again! beerchug.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Feb 26 2008, 08:49 PM) *

Paul

Mine is also listed twice Paul. chair.gif biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
I definately like Gary's suggestion of adding a couple of columns to the VIN. I also like the idea of following the history of a car by having it in the listed several times. The columns I'd like to see are:

1. begin ownership date (mm/yyyy)

2. sold/destroyed date (mm/yyyy).

This would also allow us to see the original owners.

-- Rob
Gustl
here's an idea from me ...

original colour / current colour

bye1.gif Gustl
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Feb 27 2008, 12:30 AM) *

Mine is also listed twice Paul. chair.gif biggrin.gif

Handled. Thanx.

Paul
davep
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 27 2008, 05:53 AM) *

original colour / current colour

That is already there, but people have to use it to make it useful.
Please add VIN's to make it easier for us to do the editing.
7TPorsh
Mine is still in there twice. Thanks
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Feb 27 2008, 10:30 AM) *

Mine is still in there twice. Thanks

Not anymore ! biggrin.gif

Paul
VaccaRabite
4762900750 (my car) is also listed twice.

Zach
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 27 2008, 10:54 AM) *

4762900750 (my car) is also listed twice.

Zach

Z,
Since your car is in pieces, we are assigning multiple listings to that VIN laugh.gif

Really though, your # is now yours alone. Thanks for the info.

Paul

davep
Wow, I'm really pleased to see some many people wanting to clean up the database. Good going Paul. Agreed with your PM to Andy.
SirAndy
maybe i should start a new thread asking for input on what additional info we should collect ...
idea.gif Andy
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 27 2008, 01:58 PM) *

maybe i should start a new thread asking for input on what additional info we should collect ...
idea.gif Andy

A picture is worth a hundred words. I know that it can be added, but this kompewter dunderhead can't yet figure it out. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.