Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SuperCars Exposed on Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Guy gets a Merc CL65 AMG, picks up a blonde, flogs the car on track and off, and finally spends the night doing 1/8th mile drags with it.
scotty b
Bet she laughed at his tiny wiener though
neo914-6
he beat a modernized 30's rod and a new supercharged GT Mustang then got smoked by a purpose built drag camaro... burnout.gif
Michael N
That was fun to watch. I need to set that up as a series recording on DVR. That AMG was fast!!! Rear tires would burn up fast with that car, you'd have to set up a frequent buyers account with the local tire shop for sure.
markwemple
I found it to be about as crappy as the rest of speed's lineup. Very disappointing.
Gint
I think Speed has quite a few good shows on weekly. I still watch it more than any other channel. It would be nice though if their season wasn't just 3 months out of an entire year.
TeenerTim
I didn't catch that episode but last week's was pretty good. In that one they had the CHP close Mulholland Dr. and they ran a 911 C4, a Ferrari, and a Lotus Elise up and down it. Pretty cool. driving.gif
Cevan
You must be referring to the BBC show, Top Gear. I love that show. I watched the 3 hosts last night drive around Europe in a 997 GT3 RS, a Lambo and an Aston Martin to find the best driving road. Did you see the episode where they tried to kill a old 911 here? Quite funny.
TeenerTim
QUOTE(Cevan @ Feb 27 2008, 12:36 PM) *

You must be referring to the BBC show, Top Gear. I love that show. I watched the 3 hosts drive around Europe in a 997 GT3 RS, a Lambo and an Aston Martin to find the best driving road. Did you see the episode where they tried to kill a old 911 here? Quite funny.

Different show. "SuperCars Exposed" is a new show on Speed hosted by some young kid.
PBritain
formula d driver tanner foust is the host smile.gif
blitZ
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 26 2008, 08:46 PM) *

Guy gets a Merc CL65 AMG, picks up a blonde, flogs the car on track and off, and finally spends the night doing 1/8th mile drags with it.

<Groucho>
I'd think I'd flog the blond instead.
</Groucho>
gary gartner

the first show, on Mullhullond Hiway was shot at the "grandstand" up above the Rock Store--they did timed runs down the hill 1 mile and backup the hill to the "Granstand"
drivers were Tanner Foust and Townsend Bell---
was fun to see one of Howard's favorite places on Speed----

I think the Exige, beat the GT3 and the F340 at the end of the day,
Gary driving.gif
Gint
Les... av-943.gif
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Feb 27 2008, 09:54 AM) *

I didn't catch that episode but last week's was pretty good. In that one they had the CHP close Mulholland Dr. and they ran a 911 C4, a Ferrari, and a Lotus Elise up and down it. Pretty cool. driving.gif
This episode is even better than that one. It should have been the next week's episode. I just tivo everything and watch it after work while getting caught up here.
wbergtho
Any one see Jeremy Clarkston's Supercar Shootout? They had a pretty cool mix of exotic machinery. It's a show he does only once per year I'm told.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.