Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HF Dual-Gauge Leakdown Tester - $29.95
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trscott
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=94190

IPB Image

I picked up one of these at my local Harbor Freight store today for $29.95. The shelf said $39.95, but the clerk said they would honor the online price. I think they are normally $50 or $60.

Cool! I've been wanting one of these.

Cheers!
VaccaRabite
I know where I am going thursday after work!

Zach
purple
someone please tell me where one of these is in houston! pretty please! a Harbor Freight, that is
VaccaRabite
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf

Let HF tell you.
Or just order off the website.

Harbor Freight USA
17490 HWY 290
HOUSTON, TX 77040

Phone: 832-467-9442

Manager: JOE CONTRERAS

may be others, that was the first I saw.

Zach
purple
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 27 2008, 09:05 AM) *

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf

Let HF tell you.
Or just order off the website.

Zach

ohhhh, you're a bad, bad man for linking me that. I know you obliged what i asked, but that's like giving a junky a bag of blow. shame on you biggrin.gif

The one in houston isnt far from me, on 290. Ohhh this is gonna be a goooood weekend
purple
double post
VaccaRabite
Just use some prudence in there. Some HF things are good. Some are not. And the tool snobs will snub you, and exclude you from their Snap-On games.

I go there for consumables (grinding disks, sandpaper, etc), and seldom / single use tools. Their air tools are passable, but use quite a bit more air then a similar higher quality tool.

The last electric tool I bought from there, a heat gun, lasted exactly as long as it took to do the job I bought it for (scraping the tar out of the cabin floor of my car.) it burned up the first time I turned it on for the second job. I did not care. I think I paid $10 for it, and have not needed a heat gun since.

Zach
trscott
What he said about tools at HF. I tend to think that low tech things like body and fender tools, etc. are pretty good, and some things are so cheap that you really don't care. I wouldn't buy an arc welder from them, but I did buy a welding helmet, slag hammer, and gloves there. Tip: Don't buy anything that you would be tempted to buy their "extended warranty" for, if you're worried about it, you should buy higher quality some place else. Its a gamble sometimes buying stuff there, but with discretion, you can be way better money ahead than a lottery ticket, compared to buying expensive stuff someplace else.

Don't forget to print out the sale flyer and take it in to be sure you get the online sale price.

While you're there, if you don't already have one, pick up two or three of their $2.99 digital multimeter. They say retail is $10 or so, but they actually sell for anything from $2.99 to $6.99. My local store had them on sale for $2.99, this online today lists it for $4.99. Price seems to have more to do with their inventory level, cheap when they're drowning in them, higher as they run low. Check your store.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=92020

But at $2.99, I treat them as disposable. I've owned about 8 of them, keep one in my drawer at work, one in my motorcycle tool kit, one in my truck, a couple in the workshop, and one in the house. I've tossed a couple when the display went bad, and had the test lead break on one, but they are actually quite accurate, and have very useful ranges. You can check alternator diodes, battery voltage, charge voltage, up to 10A loads, resistance down to levels that will find corroded connectors, etc. I keep a couple around in the package to give away as spiffs to folks who do me a favor or something. People who don't know what you paid will think you're really generous, not realizing its less than a Starbucks coffee. <grin>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.