Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: What did you have for Dinner?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Here is what I made....

Salumi e Formaggi Misti all'Italiana

(Sopresatta, Prosciutto, Provalone, Mozarella, Olives)
Qarl
... and Bruschetta alla Romana

(grilled bread rubbed with garlic and olive oil, topped with tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, and parmesan)
Eric_Shea
prenda la sua macchina fotografica... ha troppo tempo. huh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
No pics, but I just pulled an 8 lb beef brisket off the smoker after 6 hours at 200 degrees. My first brisket. Totally awesome. I usually do a ham, or my personal favorite, BEER CAN CHICKEN.Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ArtechnikA
gumbo. Joy made a killer toasted-flour roux and i did the rest. leftovers chillin' in the freezer for another day as we speak ...
Joe Bob
Split pea and ham hocks....all day in a crock pot....shepherd's bread, salad.....will need four clothes pins to keep the covers on tonight. Blue flames...... blowtorch.gif
Bruce Allert
gunna have STEAK & get MADDER 'n SHIT! ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif pissoff.gif mueba.gif confused24.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif

................b smile.gif
Joe Bob
Somebody a Packer Fan????

laugh.gif
Hawktel
I'm cooking White Trash tonight. With Corona, and hot rolls.
Qarl
Eric...

Not too much time... just taking a break. I've been Spring cleaning in the house all day.

It all tasted great, however!
Eric_Shea
Looked fantastic... send some here. Wife's flying to Fla. tomorrow so I'll be in need in deed. smile.gif

Sorry... couldn't resist. Just the thought of you taking the camera and focusing in on a plate of food lol3.gif
Gint
I whipped up spaghetti, jarred sauce and frozen meatballs. Wife's in Finland until Friday. I'm gonna be eating a lot of spagheti this week.
Mark Henry
Porkchops, homegrown, well almost.. from the farm next door. 100% organic feed and no drugs. I get most of our meat locally, it's nice knowing where and how our meat is produced.
URY914
Sonic #1 combo with a #2 'burger, fries, Coke, SonicSized.

Mad cow? What the f*** they so mad about? w00t.gif

Paul
hargray2
had beanie weenies, some spaghetti, nutri grain bar, big ole glob of peanut butter, and
a snack pack pudding. <--- Just about anything I already had available. mikez made me hungry again.

Funny this should come up tonight-this is not a normal meal BTW!

that sure is an interesting bouquet of color kellzey.
campbellcj
Mental note to self ---->> make sure next wife and/or housekeeper likes to cook...and has some kind of skill at it unsure.gif

I do all of the shopping and almost all of the cooking around here. chowtime.gif I kind of enjoy it but don't have time or energy to deal w/ it anymore. In the warmer and sunnier months I grill outside a LOT. In winter I usually go for the quick and easy stuff indoors, like hispanic or asian dishes. (The housekeeper/nanny is centeral american so rice and beans and tortillas are ALWAYS close at hand.)

It is a lot harder to cook w/ a 2 yr old ball of fire ramming your legs with his little car/trike/misc other weapons. driving.gif
Hawktel
Well I blew off the White Trash and made Taco's!
ppickerell
Went bike riding with wifey in Monterey today and stopped at Phil's in Moss Landing for fresh Dungeness. MMMMMMMMM love fresh crab.
GWN7
I'm at work, so I made a double smoked Ham with scalloped potatoes, tiny little cabages and a salad....fed 8...

Yesterday I cooked a 9lbs sirlon tip roast with potatoes & onions around it, peaches & cream corn and a salad....fed the same 8

Next week I'm cooking for 14......
krk
It's crab season in CA. Dungeness -- just finished a nice snack -- could take a pic of the shells I guess laugh.gif.

kim.
fiid
We did Niman Ribs on the grill with home made rub and bbq sauce. Also did grilled asparagus and skewers with Eggplant, Zucchini, and Peppers (basted in olive oil and balsamic).
ChrisReale
QUOTE(fiid @ Jan 11 2004, 11:09 PM)
We did Niman Ribs on the grill with home made rub and bbq sauce. Also did grilled asparagus and skewers with Eggplant, Zucchini, and Peppers (basted in olive oil and balsamic).

bastard! I had a #5 at jack in the box sad.gif no tomatos
seanery
Curt,

My mom makes Beer Butt Chicken! That stuff is tasty and oh so tender!
maf914
Cool thread Qarl! I love good food. chowtime.gif

Last night I made white chicken enchilladas. I have a great recipe that uses cream and monterey jack among other ingrediants. A little homemade tomatilla sauce and sour cream... MmmmMmmm! One of my girl fiend's favorites, too.

I gotta get a camera this year. laugh.gif

Mike
redshift
I had some crap from Checkers.. you gotta eat?

M
boxstr
Yummy..CCLINBONAPPETIT
hargray2
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 12 2004, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE(fiid @ Jan 11 2004, 11:09 PM)
We did Niman Ribs on the grill with home made rub and bbq sauce.  Also did grilled asparagus and skewers with Eggplant, Zucchini, and Peppers (basted in olive oil and balsamic).

bastard! I had a #5 at jack in the box sad.gif no tomatos

WTF is jack in the box?
Bleyseng
LIke McDonalds but has a Jack in the Box instead of a clown as the mascot. The tv ads are funny and sometimes you get a antenna ball that looks like Jack for you car. I hate the food there.......

Went to dinner after skiing all day at a friends to have some sort of Italian soup/stew with a name I can't pronounce or spell along with a big ham, lots of beer and wine. MMMmm Good!

Geoff
TheCabinetmaker
Sean, what is beer butt chicken? I smoke the beer can chicken for two hours at 200 degrees. Tender and tasty, and easy to fix.
seanery
beer butt chicken

chicken on the grill medium
put can of beer in chicken's butt

when the chicken is super tender it's done

that's it!
TheCabinetmaker
same as beer can. I empty 1/4 of the beer(in my mouth) and fill it back up with butter.
TheCabinetmaker
I want to try it with a turkey and a fosters oil can. Woohoo! beer.gif
seanery
mmmm turkey butt chicken LOL!
drew365
Since you asked, we went to a Jewish deli and I had the biggest Pastrami Rueben sandwich you could possibly imagine. I'm disgusted that I ate the whole thing.
fiid
QUOTE(drew365 @ Jan 12 2004, 07:23 PM)
Since you asked, we went to a Jewish deli and I had the biggest Pastrami Rueben sandwich you could possibly imagine. I'm disgusted that I ate the whole thing.

Aww man - that sounds good. There is a great Kosher Deli in Belmont (NorCal Peninsula) just off the freeway. I think it is about 100 yards away from the place I first ever saw a 914, and also about 50 yards away from where I did my physical therapy when I had RSI.

I used to go there for lunch. It is within the realm of lunch possibilities for people who are at High Performance House. Also not to be missed is the Beli Deli (also in Belmont) which is famous for it's HUGE "Beef'n'Bacon" Deli Sanwhich.

I haven't found a good deli sandwhich in the city (SF) yet :-(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.