Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Need help finding pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fitsbain
I am in need of your help.

My Uncle passed away and my grandfather is trying to finish restoring his old Harley Service Car.

When My uncle began the project he found coke logos under the other paint as he was sanding the bike down.

I need picture of a sevice car painted up as a coke delivery truck.

This bike also spent time as a pittsburgh Police bike.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Randal
Lots of pictures of new and old delivery trucks on the web. Go to Google and type in "coke delivery truck," then select Images.

Lots of pictures under of new and old cars under "coke delvery cars."
VaccaRabite
I am a Harley noob, so forgive my question...
is the Harley you speak of a bike, or a car? or a bike with a side car maybe? You seem to be using bike and car interchangeably.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
A "service car" is a trike. Various PDs used them, as well as car dealers, who hooked them to the back bumper of a customer's car so they guy delivering the car to the home or office of the customer would have a way back to the shop. Yes, dealers had good service "back in the day". The Cap'n
ws91420
Here is something I found
Jeff Hail

Harley made quite a few vehicle's people are not familiar with.

Here is my 1965 Harley Davidson Model D. Has a 2 stroke 250cc Aermacchi engine in it. Brakes were disc mounted to the Dana differential. And yes that is a transmission with reverse and two clutches. The 1965 models are very rare.
Mine does 42mph but I do not run it that hard. It also has a license plate registered as a "service vehicle". I never installed the headlamp because it looks cool without it. 1966 and newer were classified as golf cars and were not permitted on the streets. In fact in 1966 the government limited them to 7 mph on public roads by removing the transmission altogether. This BIG DOG barks loud.
fitsbain
Here is a good picture of a service car. I just need to find ones painted as Coca-cola.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.