Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OIL YOUR TRUNK HINDGES TODAY !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I Opened my trunk and the drivers side hindge bolt sheered off mad.gif I had to remove the deck lid drill out the side on the car, then the head of the bolt had fused itself onto the hindge bracket mad.gif Finally I got it off 2 hours later. Please oil yours today, front and back.
pete914
Man, I hear that! What a pain...
alpha434
It's no coincidence that you haven't been voting for Mrs. K.

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you. Vote for Mrs. K, or your defunct german cars will be even more defunct.

Lol.
pin31
I've sprayed on a dry lubricant on mine (thinking less mess)..worked OK (not great).

What do the "wise ones" recommend?? White lithium grease?
rick 918-S
laugh.gif
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Feb 27 2008, 09:21 AM) *

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you. Vote for Mrs. K, or your defunct german cars will be even more defunct.

Lol.

av-943.gif
alpha434
QUOTE(pin31 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:21 PM) *

I've sprayed on a dry lubricant on mine (thinking less mess)..worked OK (not great).

What do the "wise ones" recommend?? White lithium grease?

The wise ones recommend voting for Mrs. K. Apply liberally for the next 62 days.

agree.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Lol.

bootyshake.gif I have in fact voted, I think I have about 8 votes in, that is why it is ONLY a trunk bolt. biggrin.gif
alpha434
That's right. IT's only a trunk bolt. Thank your stars that you were voting, or else it could have been a high speed wheel bolt failure!!!
jsayre914
dry.gif I just emptied a medium size can of wd-40 on my car, overkill i think. I did the front hinge rear hinge trunk springs any bolt that looked iffy, opend the doors and did the channels cranks hindges door stay handles door clickers. the pedal cluster the front trunk release the rear trunk release clutch pulley accelerator cable seat hindges and channels adjusters etc. emergency brake. Did I Forget anything?? blink.gif
degreeoff
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 27 2008, 09:30 AM) *

laugh.gif
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Feb 27 2008, 09:21 AM) *

Lol.

av-943.gif

I Voted!!! Damn that was close!!
SGB
"ol WD-39.9 is more cleaner than lube. I use wheel bearing grease on all the hinges on my car.

Despite the opportunity, for the sake of political or cultural correctness I have chosen not to reference "Mrs K" in the same context as "lube". Chris already associated her with "shower", so I will show you that it isn't MY mind in the gutter.
smile.gif
alpha434
Shower?

rhodyguy
while you're in there...replace that wornout plastic wheel or loose the springs and install a camp914 trunk strut kit.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.