Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - space saving idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porcharu
This is not my idea - I stumbled onto it online. Trailer receivers used as tool mounts for your bench. I use one for a vice and a sander, more to come. I can store the tools out of the way when not in use.
Steve
Porcharu
I guess you could use them on your truck as well.
race914
What a great tip smilie_pokal.gif

I've been needing more space and I think this is my solution!
jr91472
oooo I likie!
iamchappy
Thank you I'm off to Northern Tools now...

I like the belt sander on the bench grinder is that a kit or did it come that way
sanman
Engine stand Next?
Gint
That's a killer idea! Thanks!
Porcharu
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Feb 27 2008, 11:25 AM) *

Thank you I'm off to Northern Tools now...

I like the belt sander on the bench grinder is that a kit or did it come that way

It comes complete or as a kit, I love it and use it all the time. I got mine on sale a few years ago.
Trick tools
Warning: this place can really hurt your wallet if you are a tool whore like me. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
alpha434
what a wicked weasel you are....

Nice!
Porcharu
I forgot to add that you can use heavy wall 2" tube for the insert, you don't need to hack up an actual trailer hitch. You do need to use heavy wall tube (like 3/16 or 1/4") or it won't fit inside the receiver tube. Unfortunately you cannot use common tube for the receiver tube part because the square tubing has a weld seam that will interfere with the inner tube, the actual receiver tube has the weld flattened somehow.
Steve
race914
On sale at Harbor Freight for $14.99

Click to view attachment
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Geezus you guys really get off on spending my money,don't you? Good Idea!!!!

Dave slap.gif

ClayPerrine
Now that is a hell of a good idea!!!

I got a $50.00 gift certificate to Harbor Freight that I can go use for this stuff. I am going to get two of them and mount them to each end of my toolbox.

race914
Harbor Freight is going to have a run on bumper hitches and wonder what the hell is going on! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.