Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tapping the knowledge of our "world"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
My question is what is the highest "published" price recorded for a 914?

I am trying to refute a quote by a so called "expert".

"My reasearch shows the highest published price recorded for a 914 was a 1974 2-liter car that sold at a Christie's sale in Greenwich, CT on 6-3-2007. The sale price for this '74 was $24,200. I have found no example since that date that has achieved a similarly high value."
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(akellym @ Feb 27 2008, 04:19 PM) *

My question is what is the highest "published" price recorded for a 914?

I am trying to refute a quote by a so called "expert".

"My reasearch shows the highest published price recorded for a 914 was a 1974 2-liter car that sold at a Christie's sale in Greenwich, CT on 6-3-2007. The sale price for this '74 was $24,200. I have found no example since that date that has achieved a similarly high value."

Three years ago we sold a metallic blue (ancona) 21000 mile 1976 model for $26,500
Gint
You didn't specify a spcific sub-model. 4? 6? GT? etc... I know more than one 914-6 that sold for way more than that.
1970 Neun vierzehn
As I read Kelly's post, I'd think "published" is the operative word, as in "matter of public record". Private party sales , though no doubt documented transactions with appropriate BMVs, are not typically "published" and a matter of public disclosure.

Paul
Gint
Ok...
IronHillRestorations
There was a 914 conversion car whose sale price was listed in the Excellence market report at $29,000. Of course the car was worth $40,000 to someone who wanted a 914 like that, as it had close to $50,000 into it! That is a custom car though.

Are you asking about a "as delivered" 914-4 or 914-6?
akellym
If you follow the quote it doesn't specify anything other than a 914. He is using the 2 liter he found as the highest price.
1970 Neun vierzehn
That quote sounds familier. I'd thought I read that in either Keith Martin's Sports Car Market or Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car[b]. Or PCAs Panorama. Or Excellence[b]. idea.gif

Paul
akellym
He does quote Sports Car Market magazine: "The pirce is well above the going market rate, and would be tough to duplicate."

Do you think he may have lifted his qoute from there?
JeffBowlsby
Hey Kelly, this was talked about a couple months ago. I have a webpage with all publically available 914/4 sales I can locate and I keep it current. I don't even track sales below 10K anymore and I only track stockish 914/4s in top condition

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/

Click the link 'Recent Sales History'

Good Dr.,,,the 76 2.0L went for $25,000. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Looks like he used The Sports Car Market car from the text you posted. Then George sold the 76.

Neither car compare to yours though. Neither car has undergone a complete shell dip with every part removed and detailed. I'd say yours should be at least double that. I would say a car like yours or a few others here on this forum would cross Barrett Jackson on the right day well over the current sales trends.

There is some truth to these cars being the up coming new 356. Not every one of them mind you. At least not yet. But I think we have been seeing a real up spike in the interest and value.

A leap into the future with the type IV. Much better performance and braking than the 356, a styling statement that was a real departure from the bath tub and bar of soap styling of the past. With a real Porsche winning race history.
JPB
I see prices going up then tank on a monthly basis. PLEASE wait till I have at least a dozen of them before all a yall stimulate the price out of redneck reach!!! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.