Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: advice on new windshield seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lonnie152
am replacing front windshield in 74 car. understand now i need to get ppg glass. want to use plain rubber seal only. did search here and am wondering if there is club member selling these so i can be sure to get quality, right part at hopefully reasonable price. any suggestions, many thanks.
ericread
Do a search on "windshield rubber". You'll find a number of very recent posts on the subject with manufacturers and retail outlets listed.
watsonrx13
If you go to AutoAtlant.com, here's the link to their part. It's $39.50 for the glued on one...

-- Rob
SLITS
Do you want the one that goes around the windshield and replaces the brite-work or the seal that goes on the bottom of the winshield opening that bridges the gap between the windshield frame and dash pad?

OR

Do you want the one that mounts the glass in the windshield frame and replaces the brite-work and butyl rubber glue?

Hey .... I'm confused
lonnie152
[
Do you want the one that mounts the glass in the windshield frame and replaces the brite-work and butyl rubber glue?

this last choice seems the most straight forward and where i would like to go provided the performance and looks hold up. would you have a specific recommendation?

ps. appreciate the other responses as well. i need to refine my search skills.
SLITS
I can't find the thread about the rubber moulding that actually holds the glass in. There was a discussion a long time ago

Here's the thread on the rubber to replace the brite work. I bought a roll of it myself. It still requires the butyl tape (or whatever) to secure the windshield to the frame. Wasn't all that easy but wasn't all that bad .... just time consuming and required a fret to be painted around the interior of the glass.

Windshield trim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.