Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bursch users
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
It's a Thrush mini turbo. Bought it a Summit racing for $23.00.

Part# WLK-17702

It was tough to find a muffler that was the same size as the Bursch. The killer was the width. most of them where too wide.

This is the same width but a bit shorter.

The dimentions are 3 1/4" thick x 7 3/4" x 11" long(16 total with the adapter tubes on either end).

I cut the old muff. off and used the 180* stub pipe. the new muff. slipped right on.

I then put it under the car and bolted it into place for the fit. It fits good!

Once there, a small tack weld to hold it and back out it came for the rest of the welding. Once all that was done, it got bolted back again for the fitting of the tailpipe. The tail piece was too short due to the new muff. being shorter. I put it inplace temporaraly. I will have to take it to a shop to have a new one bent to fit under the valence.

I did not dent the outer case to make it fit. It seemed to fit under the heat sheild fine with plenty of gap on all sides(about 3/8"on the ends).

Hope this is usefull!!

Keith

toon1
more
Andyrew
Good old fluxcore!

Audio files are a must!!

Looks good though
rhodyguy
tip. test fit the rear valance prior to solid welding the tip piece. you may have to rotate it down a tad. looks like a nice fit with the 1.7/1.8 he system. it can be tight.
Brett W
I ran a Flowmaster on my Bursch years ago. The factory muffler rotted away and I put that one on. It fit fine. Actually the outlet hung a little low, but I didn't have a full fab shop at the time to make it better. It was little ghetto.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.