Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '69 911T - oil light on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
I've got a '69 911T and the oil light is glowing. The pressure gauge is showing 20-30 at idle and goes up to the top when the engine is revved up. It sounds and drives fine so I guess that there is a fault with the sendor or the wiring. What does everyone think? My 911 experience is still limited wacko.gif

So, question 1:

Is the gauge reading normal?

Question 2:

If it is, where should I be looking for the pressure sendor? I've found the temperature one at the rear right of the engine block next to the bottom of the fan, and I found a 2 contact sendor in the top of the block in front of the fan housing - what does that one do? Removing the wires doesn't seem to make any difference.
SLITS
If it is like a miniture tin can with two poles on the top .... it's a dual pole pressure sender .... one pole is for the oil pressure guage and the other is for the idiot light.

VDO-360025 VDO Oil Pressure Dual Sender, 80 PSI (retains the use of the green oil pressure light on dash) sender
(for use with green light on gauge) This reference from Pelican Parts under 914 Parts. Don' t know if they make a dual pole 150 PSI sender.

Oh and when addressing the 914 crowd (at least me) ... the front of the engine is the fan and the rear is the flywheel ... I don't speak ass-dragger ('cept for parts).
VaccaRabite
Still, check your oil. it would suck if the pressure gauge was malfunctioning, and not the idiot light.

Zach
autohausdolby
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 28 2008, 05:34 AM) *

Oh and when addressing the 914 crowd (at least me) ... the front of the engine is the fan and the rear is the flywheel ... I don't speak ass-dragger ('cept for parts).

My bad smile.gif I completely forgot - I'm a teener person at heart as well so I should be doubly ashamed biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
911t does not have an oil light is probably the alternator light!!!!!!!!!!!! (or if s gauged the brake warning light!!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.