Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with roof latch finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
I bought a set of front roof latches for my '70 914/6. When I received them I was surprised at the finish (all flat black, even the nuts and screws). I don't know enough about the differences between years and was wondering if they were off a later model or had simply been repainted at some point. If you have a later model 914 (well, anything later than '70 ;-) and believe your car to be original in this regard, can you take a look at this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=81309

and add a comment about what your latches look like? If the pair I bought *are* original but just for a later model I will sell them to someone else who needs 'em (they look nice, just not like what's on my car) otherwise I'll just make them do for now and search for a more correct pair.

I'm not a CW, but I'd just as soon not needlessly diverge from originality, hopefully making it easier for whoever follows me on the ownership list of this particular car should that person strive for originality.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro
smontanaro
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.