Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inspiration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
I was sitting in traffic in my MINI yesterday and saw a yellow flash and a familiar targa bar... I thought to myself "self, did you just see a 914?" I was disappointed that he turned down the street perpendicular to mine and I couldn't see him go. To my elation, he pulled into the gas station next to me and I was able to feast my eyes on the most gorgeous 914 I've ever seen with my own two eyes.

It was in bright yellow, completely unrestored, with AC 72 914, looked new as the day it was made. The gentelman driving was named Victor and I basically gushed all over his car. Every detail was in place, and I mean everything was there. I wish I'd taken pictures, because this thread is worthless without it, but that's besides the point.

The point is that it gave me inspiration to see this gorgeous car that this guy drives EVERY DAY. It inspired me to keep up with my own 914 and make it perfect. Damn the time it takes to save the money. Damn the expense, I want to make mine perfect. Maybe not a concourse winner, but something I can be proud of!

Focus: When were you inspired to keep your project going? What was the one thing or sequence of events that kept your flagging motivation up? Did it pay off? Share stores smile.gif
alpha434
Lol. I may have mentioned this on another thread...

I have a V8 TVR. And every time I've taken it out since I've bought it, something has catastrophically broken. Last time, I blew the diff out of the rear pulling mildly out of a gas station.

And I can't stop smiling.

The thing is impossible to drive. Too much horsepower, too low gearing. The radio turns itself off and on. The car's pretty much unstable at every speed, and will do 160 without any trouble.

And I can't stop smiling.

That's how you know you're in trouble. You're waist deep in a money pit, and you'll probly be physically maimed or hurt by the project in question.

And you can't stop smiling.

Good luck with your project.
VaccaRabite
My biggest moment of inspiration happened about 2 years ago.

I was dropping the engine for the first time. It was Dec,and F***ING COLD. On the last CV bolt, the 12 point splines stripped off my 12 point wrench. The bolt was on there, and good. I could not get purchase with vise-grips and was really pissed.

I stood up to call it a night and get warm. As I walked out of the garage to go to the house... A red 914 drove by. It turned the corner to run the big farm road hill.

I turned right back around, modded the wrench, hammered it into the last bolt and turned it out. Took the engine out with no further complications.

Zach
PeeGreen 914
I guess I was first inspired back in 2003 when the mechanic next to me asked if I wanted to co-drive his car in the AX series. I have always loved cars but that got me going into the 914s. I have been hooked since.
rusty914
The first time i drove a friends teener. I thought to myself "this is way better than a bug" biggrin.gif
Dr. Roger
Riding shotgun with SirAndy on our last Napa cruise in ?Novenber/December? helped motivate me to get my engine rebuilt and back in the car running great.

Feeling that pride of accomplishment is worth so much to me. Motivation is a bitch sometimes. Bebe is more that a grocery getter. She's the ultimate driving machine. =-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.