Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this radio original or period correct?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
JeffBowlsby
From a current ebay ad - the ravenna 1975 car:

Any of you more experienced guys recognize this radio?

1970 Neun vierzehn
A radio and a "digital" clock! I think if we can determine when accessory radios were offered with a clock like that, we might find your answer. I sure don't ever remember seeing a radio like that. Can you tell who the radio mfg was?

Paul
Pat Garvey
I find it interesting that someone made it fit the dash. Must have carved up a blank plate to make it work.

I've never seen anything like it. Lotsa chrome too.

"more experienced"? Is that a euphemism for "old fart"?
Pat av-943.gif
McMark
That's not an original radio plate. wink.gif No factory Porsche parts were harmed Pat. laugh.gif

Here's a couple more pictures. Between them, I can make out the AM and FM marks on the left side, then it says Bass+, then the MFG name ( mad.gif ), and finally DIGI+PLEX. I've had no luck searching through Google... sad.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 3 2008, 01:50 AM) *

That's not an original radio plate. wink.gif No factory Porsche parts were harmed Pat. laugh.gif

Here's a couple more pictures. Between them, I can make out the AM and FM marks on the left side, then it says Bass+, then the MFG name ( mad.gif ), and finally DIGI+PLEX. I've had no luck searching through Google... sad.gif

Wow! See what you mean in your pics. Not even remotely close in texture!

I'll sleep better tonight!

Pat
sixnotfour
Isnt the radio mounted in the early basket weave ,
where as the car it is 75-76 basket weave.
McMark
Yup. But the shape is not correct for it to be an original radio plate.
dw914er
my grandma's oven called, it wants its clock back lol

thats a very interesting radio (if you change the weave around it, im sure someone could be duped into thinking that that radio and clock is correct lol)

very interesting
dw914er
someone could call them for false advertising (factory am/fm radio system?)

also says it is a 75 944

and then a 74 914

(i think they should edit before they submit)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.