Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homologation Papers and gearbox info needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slugmika
Hi

I need to find out if porsche ever used fiberclass doors in 914-6 or any other 914 based race car.
I only have german homologation papers and those are the first ones so there is not all of the approved parts. I would also be very interrested about the all the national extra homologations for 914 and 914-6.
I would really like to make carbonfibre doors to my race car:-)

The other thing is the gearbox ratios for 901-914 gearbox. Only thing which i found was the pelican parts pages and there was only the list of the different gears for 901 box.
Also, what is the final drive for 914 ?

Thanks a lot

Mika
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(slugmika @ Jan 12 2004, 01:14 AM)
I need to find out if porsche ever used fiberclass doors in 914-6 or any other 914 based race car.
...I would really like to make carbonfibre doors to my race car:-)

The other thing is the gearbox ratios for 901-914 gearbox.

Also, what is the final drive for 914 ?

no, for a variety of reasons. sorry. anyway, they definitely didn't use carbon fiber... the early doors aren't -too- heavy tho, especially after you remove the window winder assembly and replace the glass with acryliate (i.e. Plexiglass or Perspex) or polycarbonate (i.e. Lexan).

gear information: stock ratios are so marked. Charlie Davis' Page i don't believe individual ratios were subject to FIA homologation tho...

final drive is 7:31 (4,433:1) for the 5-speed manual gearboxes; 7:27 for the SportoMatic boxes.
slugmika
Thanks Rich

The reason for the class- or carbonfibre doors is because it is so hard to find parts from here. I also like the material sooo much.
"i don't believe individual ratios were subject to FIA homologation tho" yes, thats true, this was just because i bought 2 gearboxes which are from early 911 and i was just wondering if these are different than the 914. I have also 2 914 gearboxes but i will take them apart little later when i get my LSD.

Mika
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(slugmika @ Jan 12 2004, 04:58 AM)
The reason for the glass- or carbonfibre doors is because it is so hard to find parts from here.

... i bought 2 gearboxes which are from early 911 and i was just wondering if these are different than the 914.

i understand the parts issue, but there are doors available in the world market. (i can't offer to send you any because both doors on my car need serious attention too ...) it comes down to cost, and there is unfortunately no magick in keeping vintage racers running ...

i would expect the ratios in early 911's to be different. but there were many more varieties of early 911 so knowing exactly what's in the box will probably require either more research (and the transmission type number...) or opening them up and counting teeth ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.