Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site up and down like a yoyo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
I've been having intermittent access (about 10%) for hours. Quick some times, and dead other times.
biosurfer1
i'm getting the same thing...glad to see its not just my computer
jonferns
It was out when I got home, about 2pm to about 4:45pm over here, didn't try it this morning.
Dr Evil
Me too. Someone steals Any's car and the site feels it wink.gif Its back now so all should be well.
crash914
Still very up and down for me....like shooting craps.....
scotty b
I have been having a CONTINUING problem with the site since the "melt down" last year. This is the ONLY place I have a problem with.I steadily get a "cannot display web page" when it happens I have to continualy try to get back on, usually getting the same warning page again and again. Sometimes I give up out of frustration and sometimes I keep trying until it comes up. Anybody have a solution? Most of the time I can get to the home page and when I try to eneter BAM "cannot display blah blah blah." O h and it also happens sometimes when I try to post. Have I beeen a bad member????
Rusty
I blame the cats.

Rusty
Or perhaps it's this guy...
Dr Evil
This is the first post I have been able to post since late yesterday sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 29 2008, 02:09 PM) *

I've been having intermittent access (about 10%) for hours. Quick some times, and dead other times.

there's a failing router at alter.net, about 5 hops from the server ... it's been like that for the last two days or so ...

dry.gif Andy
Rusty
I'll send someone over right away to fix it. This guy is good!

swl
QUOTE(Rusty @ Mar 1 2008, 07:19 AM) *

Or perhaps it's this guy...

ya need puddy tats in the puter to prevent ...
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
i thought it was just me .....

alpha434
There's a bad router?

How can they afford to not have it repaired? It's been like this for days!

I mean we're *just a club site, what about business sites that they host?
SirAndy
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Mar 1 2008, 10:56 AM) *

There's a bad router?

How can they afford to not have it repaired? It's been like this for days!

I mean we're *just a club site, what about business sites that they host?

alter.net is not in the hosting business. they just provide the connectivity. 5 hops is lightyears away from any hosting facility, as far as IT infrastructure is concerned ...

it's up to the individual ISPs to complain about failing routers ...
dry.gif Andy
crash914
Working good now.....
rhodyguy
reply feature works now? next test is navigating from forum to forum .
JPB
Fix it please, having antipost withdrawls!!! Actually, been good for me for the past few weeks. January was a real nazztay beeeehotch!! beer.gif
davep
I haven't had any problems today, so the problem seems to have been corrected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.