Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Havin' a couple problems reinstalling valance..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I reinstalled my rear valance after notching it for the right side triad pipe, and it was an 'ok' fit, but over the last week, she started rattling, and I took it back off yesterday..

What fasteners am I looking for? I think I used #8 screws, and clips.. also, was I supposed to put something inbetween the panels?

Thanks!

MmMmmmMmmMmm <---rattler
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 12 2004, 03:12 AM)
...was I supposed to put something inbetween the panels?

the factory used soft plastic (hard rubber?) spacer/isolater disks on each fastener. 'bout as big around as a quarter IIRC and twice as thick. been a long time since i pulled the valance from my car ...

914.559.127.11 "spacer" on the outermost vertical fasteners
999.151.027.50 "sealing washer" on the two front ones.

something somilar on the others. #8 screws and speed nuts on most of the fasteners, the two vertical ones on the fender are M5x20 hex bolts and nuts.
redshift
Thanks, they took it off, and I guess lost the screws, and such adding the muffler..

I thought it might not work out..

M
DNHunt
M

Go to the hardware store and get some nylon washers. You should be able to find something that will work and they are dirt cheap. Nice to find something cheap to put on these cars once in a while.

Dave
maf914
Miles,

Can tou tell if the rattle is from the valence against the body? Or from the muffler against the valence?

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.