Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Need help from our Canadian Friends. HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Canadian Friends,

I searched & learned of an un-attainable part listed at a Canadian dealer in Quebec. I need someone from the area to go to, Que-Bourg Auto in Quebec, Canada to check their parts dept. if it's still in their stock??

My search shows this NLA motor part (about a $25.00 item) the only one in existance through all Porsche land.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't speak French & had a difficult time when I called on the phone.
No speakie french.

Email me direct for info on the part #. etc. etc.
tjbliznik@ameritech.net

Thanks Canada pray.gif

Tom

rick 918-S
No france' either. Just a bump up the page icon_bump.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 1 2008, 08:11 PM) *

No france' either. Just a bump up the page icon_bump.gif

Thanks for the bump Rick.

I'll take any Canadian that can talk to their countryman. They don't understand this yankee. confused24.gif

BTW: I am trying to buy a NLA 914 part from this Porsche dealer. He has it, I want it. If your wondering, it's a specific head temp. sensor for my model 914. No one has a new one in all Porsche land except this dealer (per my search).

T
davep
What is the part #? I may have one. I also emailed Marc-Andre to see if he can help. He is not on the board often these days, and he is the only local, to the dealership, that I know of.
TJB/914
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 2 2008, 06:02 AM) *

What is the part #? I may have one. I also emailed Marc-Andre to see if he can help. He is not on the board often these days, and he is the only local, to the dealership, that I know of.

Thanks Dave:

Any help you can give me is appreciated. I really need someone who can speak french to call the parts dealer & confirm they have the part & how I can purchase it.

I had Stoddard's in Ohio do a Porsche world wide search for a part I want to buy for my motor rebuild this spring. The search turned up a new part in Quebec Canada. I called the dealer, but they didn't understand my english.

The part I want to purchase is for my 1974 914 2.0 liter D-Jet F.I.
Motor # GA-010817 Vin# 4742906054

Part # 311.906.041A Head Temperature Sensor (fits my D-Jet F.I. motor)

If you can call them, find out if it's really in stock & how I can purchase??
I assume the total cost will be under $50.00 US

Que-Bourg Auto
7777 bou Henri-Bourassa Quebec
Quebec, QC G1H, Canada
phone # (418) 626-7777
phone?? (866) 626-8655
Phone toll free?? (800) 767-7243

Thanks a lot. pray.gif
Tom

type47
i thought it strange that this would be such a rare part so i went to busdepot.com (my ole reliable along with pelican) and typed in 311906041a and it came up in stock at about $27. you results may vary....
TJB/914
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 2 2008, 10:02 AM) *

i thought it strange that this would be such a rare part so i went to busdepot.com (my ole reliable along with pelican) and typed in 311906041a and it came up in stock at about $27. you results may vary....

Jim,

Thanks for the info. Looks like Porsche's factory source is not a smart move. I am going to contact busdepot & place the order for the HTS.

Bruce: Hold up in calling the Quebec dealer, looks like busdepot is the way to go.

Thanks everybody for your help. pray.gif This place rocks. wub.gif

Tom
type47
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 2 2008, 10:46 AM) *

Looks like Porsche's factory source ....

one thing i learned early in the NARP ownership was the use of VW parts...
davep
Well, the 311 in the part # is an obvious tipoff that it was originally for a VW 311. I have not yet looked up to see what the Bosch # is.
si2t3m
Well, if Que-Bourg really has it then i'll be more that happy to get it for you and ship it. I got alot of help on this board so it's my turn to give a hand.

Let me know if busdepot doesn't have it.

Marc-André
TJB/914
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Mar 2 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Well, if Que-Bourg really has it then i'll be more that happy to get it for you and ship it. I got alot of help on this board so it's my turn to give a hand.

Let me know if busdepot doesn't have it.

Marc-André

Marc-Andre

I sent you a PM

Thanks for your help it's really appreciated. I'll put buying on hold till I hear from you.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.