Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Projekt 908 fiberglass front done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
juicersr
Hey guys, am pretty new here, mostly a pelicanite. Just like to share some photos of my 'projekt 908' which i have been working on for a year or so. I started with a basket case 914 with a standard 2.7 conversion, that had been languishing under it's PO. I had the desire to create something unique and personal, and learn how to be a better welder and fiberglass worker in the meantime. I have always thought the 914 could look must better with a little tweaking... namely a lower roofline and better front end. The 908's front end was always so simple and classic, that it seemed a natural. Started withClick to view attachment
Then added some flares and centerlock wheels
Click to view attachment
Then built a front end out of foam and plater based on photos of the 908/3
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

juicersr
uh, what happened to pix?
juicersr
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
juicersr
the pix function here is cumbersome
juicersr
Click to view attachment
juicersr
sorry guys, but it's not letting me post final pix. WTF?
turbo914v8
Hey, great work with that kit and let me be the first to say welcome.png
jim_hoyland
Reduce the pic size to small befor uploading. Nice project, post more pics please

welcome.png
swl
pretty impressive sculpting! Pic problem is probalby size. Works best to bring them down to the 600 pixel range before posting. You can then put multiples in one post.
quadracerx
WOW....that is cool..... smilie_pokal.gif

Did you or do you still have the mold(s) for the front end/Bumper? I would be interested in possible getting a bumper if you can make one?

Thanks.... beerchug.gif
juicersr
Thanks guys, here is a link to the pelican board with final pix

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=395856

easier for me to post there
SirAndy
QUOTE(juicersr @ Mar 1 2008, 01:37 PM) *

Thanks guys, here is a link to the pelican board with final pix

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=395856

easier for me to post there

RTFM! biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

looks like a fun project,
welcome.png Andy
juicersr
Thanks andy. My schedule is crazy and dont have a lot of time for posting stuff (barely can work on the car after my biz day ends) but my buddy and i might be able to make a couple of front ends if anyone interested. I will post more pix of the entire project as we move along (inlcuding of the centerlock set-up which will have old-school 908/917 style centerlock nuts on satin black rims). Still having pix diff (seems like i reach my limit) so look on pelican for more pix.
Zimms
Looks good. Do you know if the new front end is more or less weight than it was originally? What are you going to do for a windshield?

AND

welcome.png
juicersr
The front weigh about 40 lbs or so (havent weighed yet)... based on all the sheet metal and that boat-anchor bumper, the weight loss seems great. I live in a beach town, with lots of boat building and repair shops (my partner and advisior in this builds and repairs boats in his spare time), so i made a cardboard template of the 'new' windshield and went to a shop that makes custom boat windshields. The made one perfectly, plus side windows out of 1/4 laminated plexiglass in about a day.
juicersr
Oh, and my buddy and i are learning to work with Carbon fiber. I just made a mold of my 911 hood and will be making my first CF part, so i would love to make a front end for Projekt 908 out of CF!
michaelt55
great job...looks impresive..now if its made out of CF....$$$$$$

Michael
juicersr
Uh, a fiero???? Where did that come from guy? Was thinking more like

Click to view attachment
Wanna9146
IPB Image
sww914
Cool car! I think that the fiero comment was unfair.
Are you planning to use those limes in the velocity stacks to make margaritas later? biggrin.gif
I used to have problems with uploading photos here too, until somebody here recommended Windows Image Resizer.
You can download windows image resizer for free. You can just right click on the image, choose resize image, and the resizer will make another smaller image in the same file with the same filename and a suffix indicating the size- 9234 becomes 9234medium or whatever. You can find it here- http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx
It's on the right, near the bottom.
JPB
Nice work and crazy straight! beer.gif
juicersr
Thanks fellas, doing this stuff makes you even more amazed at how the factory was able to churn out so many shapes and varieties of bodies in the 60's/70's. It has helped having a friend who has designed boat hulls in fiberglass, as the lines are similar. The whole project has a been an incredible learning experience. The satisfaction of taking her out for the first time the other day was great... the sound of timing chain, cams, fan and webers inches from your head, the straight exhaust... exactly the raw, unadulterated 'porsche experience' i was after.
Have resized pix, but still having diff posting, so all new pix on pelican. sorry bout that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.