Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line location help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I just put my motor back in and am hooking up all the lines/wires/etc. I'm running the flexible fuel line from the fuel regulator to the return line by the battery tray. This fuel line runs across the back of the motor from the driver's side to the passenger side.

There are two black plastic cable/line holders on the rear engine bay wall (pictured below is the driver's side one). Is this fuel line run though these cable holders?

Click to view attachment
type47
no, not stock it doesn't. on the stock/factory arrangement, the lines from the fuel tank run thru the tunnel, exit at about the middle lower area of the "firewall" (?), takes a turn to the passenger side under the engine shelf to the fuel pump, up thru the engine shelf to the top rear area where they connect to the lines on the engine. when you drop the engine, this is where you disconnect the fuel lines to separate the engine from the body. the fuel lines go across the engine case, not along the back where you ask about. attached are 2 pics of the lines on my new motor (thanks to scott gregory for the idea). on the front view, you see a stainless steel brake line used for the fuel hose between injector rails and on the side view, you can see the hose just draped across the case.
Cevan
I'm talking about the flexible fuel line that runs from the fuel pressure regulator to the return line.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
Thats where the power cable for the starter goes.
swl
The fuel line just runs inside the engine bay almost exactly as shown in the diagram. It goes with the engine during a drop. On my car it is not lashed at all.
type47
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 1 2008, 05:25 PM) *

I'm talking about the flexible fuel line that runs from the fuel pressure regulator to the return line.

Click to view attachment

yes, that's the one in the side view pic about the middle of the engine tin. sorry for the dark pic. you might be able to see it come over the engine case to the immediate left of the blue coil and hanging off the engine sheet metal in the front middle. it's the black image about 3-4" (rather, 10 cm long biggrin.gif ) to the right of the intake runners.

PS: my cable from the battery to the starter was mounted on the back side (not engine side) of the back engine sheet metal, the vertical piece with the curved top. the cable went thru the tin on the passenger side thru the hole, went thru 2 cable ties (like the one in your pic), then to the starter post. don't know if that's the factory method or not, i'm not the first owner and might have changed it when i re & re the motor but i would have installed it the same way i took it apart.
Cevan
[/quote]
PS: my cable from the battery to the starter was mounted on the back side (not engine side) of the back engine sheet metal, the vertical piece with the curved top. the cable went thru the tin on the passenger side thru the hole, went thru 2 cable ties (like the one in your pic), then to the starter post. don't know if that's the factory method or not, i'm not the first owner and might have changed it when i re & re the motor but i would have installed it the same way i took it apart.
[/quote]

My cable is also run the way yours is, on the rear engine tin, outside the engine bay. There are two of the same type of plastic clip used there as well.

Click to view attachment

So my question remains unanswered. None of the photos I took show that area before disassembly. This is the best one that shows the return line.

Click to view attachment
ejm
The hose just runs across the back of the engine between the plenum and the case. Pic of 1.7 snagged from the CW forum with line circled.

ericread
I noticed in the picture that when you dropped your engine, you dropped the brain with it rather than unhook the wiring harness from the engine. As I am preparing to drop my engine for the first time, it is better to unhook the brain from the "firewall" and drop it with the engine or unhook the wiring harness from the engine prior to drop?

ericread
QUOTE(ericread @ Mar 2 2008, 07:46 PM) *

I noticed in the picture that when you dropped your engine, you dropped the brain with it rather than unhook the wiring harness from the engine. As I am preparing to drop my engine for the first time, it is better to unhook the brain from the "firewall" and drop it with the engine or unhook the wiring harness from the engine prior to drop?

Sorry, I was referencing Jim Mcleod's photos.

Eric Read
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.