Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister Kit--Missing instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HillKing
I recently purchased an old but new Weltmeister Chassis stiffining kit for the 914. This is the 10 piece kit. Wondered if anybody out there has used this kit and may have the instruction sheet that came with it. I have it but it is not readable. I feel that when time comes for the welding it could be figured out, but some basics of where the panels go would be very helpful.
Lou W
It's like a puzzle smile.gif , I didn't have instructions either, so I'll post some pictures of mine and you should be able to tell where they go. I ground down the undercoating and paint to bare metal, you can spray the area with weldable primer if you want. Then I placed the panel in the appropriate location and drilled a hole and put a sheet metal screw in until I was done welding it. welder.gif
Lou W
I was hoping that I could find some more pictures of the different pieces, but so far no luck, I'm sure somebody else will be able to post some. Here's a finished picture.
scotty b
QUOTE(HillKing @ Mar 1 2008, 02:53 PM) *

I recently purchased an old but new Weltmeister Chassis stiffining kit for the 914. This is the 10 piece kit. Wondered if anybody out there has used this kit and may have the instruction sheet that came with it. I have it but it is not readable. I feel that when time comes for the welding it could be figured out, but some basics of where the panels go would be very helpful.

idea.gif HHMmmmm this looks suspiciously like the E-bay one I got outbid on av-943.gif
HillKing
idea.gif HHMmmmm this looks suspiciously like the E-bay one I got outbid on av-943.gif

Sorry, I guess you should have bid more? huh.gif They are rather rusty, so.........we will see how they clean up.

Thanks for the photos Lou, that helps a bunch.
Larry.Hubby
Not sure if this will be any help, but here's what came with mine, many years ago. This was before Automotion started calling their parts "Weltmeister", but I'm fairly certain it's the same kit.

Click to view attachment

As you can see, they don't give you all that much info as to exactly where all the pieces go. The photos others have already posted are probably much better.

Larry
HillKing

As you can see, they don't give you all that much info as to exactly where all the pieces go. The photos others have already posted are probably much better.

Larry
[/quote]

Awesome Larry, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to all of you who posted on this.
lotus_65
i was bidding too. i couldn't log in when it was ending, and i thought it sold at a really good price...
HillKing
For those of you who were bidding on this on e-bay. There is the same thing only new (that would have been my preference) from renegade on e-bay. I think the buy it now was only a little more than I paid for the rusty one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...A:IT&ih=002

You lucky guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.