Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steel flare install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
finally getting steel flares onto 914-6. bought glass rocker that "curves" into rear of front flare and into front of rear flare. my question is, is there a similar part for the rear of the rear flare? my body guy says he may be able to take the original part and fabricate a match, but how have you other guys done this?
jfort
trying to get pix attached and posted

Click to view attachment
jfort
blurry pic of rear piece that I am asking about
rick 918-S
Are you planning on using the edge of the flare as a scribe edge and marking the original quarter, then cutting off the panel and butt welding the flare to the original quarter?
degreeoff
Just go to rennspd.com...they have a GT rear valence...it is my least favorite place to get them as their quality is lacking but of ALL the peices I bought from them that one required the least amount of work
So.Cal.914
I have seen them fab'd and glass, with proper prep you would have to bend down

and rap on it to tell which it is. Up to you... smile.gif
Gint
I merged your threads. smile.gif
burton73
I have Marty’s

http://www.msdsinc.com/specialty_4.htm

for my car and it is a perfect fit with Georges flares. That is what I used to index the rear flares before I welded, as Marty said it was perfect and well it is. You put in your own hole to fit you type of muffler.

Bob
jfort
thanks for the responses, guys. I have a call into MSDS. For Rick, we are planning on cutting the car along the edge of the flare and butt welding as we go. He wanted to do it this way so it wouldn't move. Sounded OK to me. although he hasn't done a 914 before, I have seen his restorations of muscle cars and he is very good.
PRS914-6
The rear valance can be easily modified to fit. Cut off at the corner and fab a couple of new pieces. You can get an exact fit to your flares that way.....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
John
agree.gif

Paul, your car looks awesome.
Maltese Falcon
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(jfort @ Mar 3 2008, 10:38 AM) *

thanks for the responses, guys. I have a call into MSDS. For Rick, we are planning on cutting the car along the edge of the flare and butt welding as we go. He wanted to do it this way so it wouldn't move. Sounded OK to me. although he hasn't done a 914 before, I have seen his restorations of muscle cars and he is very good.

Jfort...your order left today...thank you !
Bob , I need to check up on your progress...it's been awhile smile.gif
Here's another pic of the L-rear corner.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.