Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found: 1970's Porsche Ads!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
Some of you may know my story. I acquired my '73 2.0 from my father. He kept everything. Been in the family since '74. I was digging through the old service records and found these ads torn from magazines. Enjoy!
Midtowner
#2. 914 in salt water. Look closely and you will see the rust is already starting.

Midtowner
#3.

Midtowner
This one cracks me up. Ever drive a 914 in deep snow?

Midtowner
#5.

Midtowner
'70's graphics on the 911. Classic.

Midtowner
And now for some b-sides.

Midtowner
Schlitz girls. Nice!

Midtowner
Gee, I don't get 29 mpg. Do you?

SirAndy
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Mar 2 2008, 03:50 PM) *

#2. 914 in salt water. Look closely and you will see the rust is already starting.

and a original /6 with gas-burner wheels at that ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Midtowner
The 917 effect. Halo car?

Midtowner
Hi Andy!

I'm so glad you got your car back.
twoskinuts
Here one I pulled off a german porsche club site aktion035.gif Good new with your car too!!
rick 918-S
Jeff Bowlsby collects these things. I wonder if he has them?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Mar 2 2008, 07:05 PM) *

The 917 effect. Halo car?

These are pretty cool. I have all but one of them (German Club item).
Pat
davep
Jeff has all those and far more:
http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibl...scheAudiads.htm
dw914er
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Mar 2 2008, 04:04 PM) *

i think ive hit about 26-27 ish max on the freeway

(or until so cal traffic kicks in on the 91, 10, 210, 60, and every other freeway in so cal)

(or on a good day, when you can cruise at 110 lol)

so since the first thing happens alot more often, i have only done that well i think 2 times in the past 2 years
davep

I used to get far better than that! I had a 73 1.7 that I routinely got 45MPG with. Then on one trip I averaged over 50MPG with half the tank used at 45MPG. Now this was back in the 1970's on regular leaded gas of the day, with Imperial gallons that are 25% larger than the US gallon and standard tires.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 2 2008, 07:05 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Andy

With a white interior....

-- Rob
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 3 2008, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 2 2008, 07:05 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Andy

With a white interior....

-- Rob

....and a luggage rack for the board!
Katmanken
Real surfers store them nose down in the passenger side with the skeg up...

Or, lay the board across the rollbar and windshield frame and have their passenger hang onto the board real gooooood.....

Ken
smg914
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 3 2008, 02:15 PM) *

I used to get far better than that! I had a 73 1.7 that I routinely got 45MPG with. Then on one trip I averaged over 50MPG with half the tank used at 45MPG. Now this was back in the 1970's on regular leaded gas of the day, with Imperial gallons that are 25% larger than the US gallon and standard tires.

I remember a trip I took in my '73 2 liter back in the late 70's from Northern New Jersey to Lynchburg, VA. I did the entire trip (550 miles) on one tank of gas. I also remember racing some guy in a corvette going over 100mph and all of a sudden I blew a hole in one of the exhaust pipes on the Stebro exhaust system. Anyway, after all this I still got something like 38 mpg.
Eric_Shea
Real surfers store them nose down in the passenger side with the skeg up...

That proves it. Slits isn't a real surfer. (quite burly back then wasn't he?) ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.