Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR AX #1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
for those of you that like to drive your car rather than polish it or work on it constantly.
Our first Ax of 2008 will be happening March 15, back at the Point.
We are now using runway #725 at the North east portion of the base.
go to the GGR website for complete instructions to the new site.
www.pca-ggr.org
YOU DO NOT have to be a PCA member, as long as you are driving a Porsche, and yes, we do consider 914s to be Porsches. Actually GGR and LPR are very 914 friendly.

time to quite talking about it and just do it.

cheap fun, and you will be surprised how well your little 914 does against $100K new Porsches. biggrin.gif

start working on setups for the 914 shoot out....and you better start practicing, since we should have some very hot 914s in attendance.
Dr. Roger
Someone said "PCA" means no V8's allowed, right?

I checked the new website and found nothing on V8 Porsche's.

I'd hate to go out and be turned away.
DanT
you will not be turned away from a GGR AX...period...
and if anyone gives you trouble, then you find me...
Dan Thompson GGR Competition Director...

your car does not fit into our classification system, but that does not keep you from coming out and running your car with us.
We have had 914 and 911 with SBCs come out and play with us in the past...

it is just not a problem...and I personally guarantee that you will be able to have fun with the rest of us.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Mar 2 2008, 09:20 PM) *

you will not be turned away from a GGR AX...period...
and if anyone gives you trouble, then you find me...
Dan Thompson GGR Competition Director...

your car does not fit into our classification system, but that does not keep you from coming out and running your car with us.
We have had 914 and 911 with SBCs come out and play with us in the past...

it is just not a problem...and I personally guarantee that you will be able to have fun with the rest of us.

Oh my goodness..... Say it isn't so. popcorn[1].gif

Let's see: idea.gif

Car is running strong and nasty. happy11.gif
Brakes are fresh.
Cooling system is operating well.
Tires in good shape.
Struts and shocks are dialed in.
Battery hold down is installed.
No major leaks of any kind.
Licensed and insured.
$30 in the checking account.

Oh Hell Yes!

I'm going as long as long as my new job doesn't start THAT DAY...
driving.gif

... and THANK YOU Dan. beerchug.gif
DanT
no problem...hope you come out, have a great time, meet some other Porsche and 914 owners. and come out again. flag.gif

Your car will draw a crowd as soon as you start it up...you should have no problem meeting folks once you are there. biggrin.gif
DanT
and just so everyone gets this...

I don't care it your car has an SBC, Subie, Acura, Ford, Hemi, or a two stroke snowmobile engine in it. If it is a Porshce you can run it with out being a PCA member. It just needs to be a Porsche chassis to start with.

any questions about this, post them here and I will check back and answer as much as I can....and that should be just about everything.

The only thing I ask is that your car is running properly, not leaking like the Exxon Valdeze and has properly functioning brakes and brake lights.
Dave_Darling
...and the battery is securely fastened, and the wheel bearings are not too loose... wink.gif

Hmm, motivation... Yes, I can see that from here! Dang, I might just make it out there!!

--DD
Chris Pincetich
I can't wait to go back to Alameda - but first I have to put my 914 back together.
I really do like working on it!
beerchug.gif
The GGR autocross races I've been to have a pretty random collection of 914s show up - some have no internet knowledge etc. I've seen 2 V8s race, they can be fun to watch and loud as hell. If the weather is good - like now! - it should be a fun event.
cobra94563
The website says to register for the morning or afternoon? Which is the better session to participate in? or do people generally plan to run both morning and afternoon?
DanT
get there early and run all day....once you start you will want to have more anyway. biggrin.gif

that provision is there for folks that have other commitments on any particular day..so if you need to leave early or need to come late, you can still run 1/2 day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.