Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer door seals 914 531 813 10 & 914 531 814 10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Mikey914
Price $66 + shipping

For those of you that have been following my reproductions of the seals you will know that I have shrived to be as close to factory as I can on my reproductions. This is one exception.

In doing some research, I found the original to be a dense extruded foam rubber. While I can manufacture seals with identical material, I have made a deviation. Here's why:
The extruded foam rubber is actually porous and can trap water. Now I know why most all 914's I've seen have some rust in the lower door channels. I have selected a soft marine grade solid rubber to tool up for. This will provide a seal that will not trap and retain water. I will have these on line in about 4-6 weeks (maybe less).

Let me know if you would like to be put on the list.

Attached is a close up of the factory seal (on the right), you can see how it is sponge like, and can hold water. On the right is my seal. It is solid soft marine grade rubber. It is about the same hardness as the factory, only slightly harder (you may not even notice). Nice fit, just like factory.

I had to brighten the photo so you could see the difference, so the picture isn't great, but you really can see the difference.

Thanks,
Mark
usros
I need a set
tango-52
Put me down for two sets. Thanks.
ajracer
Hi Mark:

Please confirm which seals these are on the door ?
When will the 914rubber.com site be operational, and is that the best place
to order when I am ready. Thanks

Allan
Mikey914
QUOTE(ajracer @ Mar 3 2008, 08:14 PM) *

Hi Mark:

Allan

There are 2 types of seals on the door, each works slightly different.

The outer seal (the "new" one) wedges into a track in the door. It has a large (about 1/2" ) fin. This is the first defense to keep water out of the car. That's why I was really surprised to find out this one was porous.

The other seal "clips" onto the body just on the edge of the carpet. It has a bulb that compresses and has 2 additional fins that provide a solid seal against the door. I do have these in stock.

As far as purchasing the new seals the website will make it easier for me to keep track of my inventory and process orders with multiple items. My thought is that I will offer a discount to the world members to reflect the pricing I'm offering on this website. For now I'm starting a list in my messages here. I'll send out paypal requests or you can mail in a check.

I'm still trying to get the mechanics of the website down, I've been so busy lately that I've had a hard time breaking free to work on it.

Still could use a few pictures if anyone has any.
Thanks,
-Mark
RON S.

Put me down Mark.

All the other seals I got from you were first rate.I wanna keep this train rolling.

Ron biggrin.gif
rfuerst911sc
Hey Mark I've purchased almost every other seal you've produced so put me down for a pair of these. Thanks for all your work on making these.
martin914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 2 2008, 09:50 PM) *

For those of you that have been following my reproductions of the seals you will know that I have shrived to be as close to factory as I can on my reproductions. This is one exception.

In doing some research, I found the original to be a dense extruded foam rubber. While I can manufacture seals with identical material, I have made a deviation. Here's why:
The extruded foam rubber is actually porous and can trap water. Now I know why most all 914's I've seen have some rust in the lower door channels. I have selected a soft marine grade solid rubber to tool up for. This will provide a seal that will not trap and retain water. I will have these on line in about 4-6 weeks (maybe less). These will be sold for $36 for a set of left and right.

Let me know if you would like to be put on the list.

By the way I should have the retooled sample back from the vertical targa seals late this next week (3/7/08). I'll update the posting on that thread.

Also, starting a website up to deal with these more efficiently, would appreciate any car photos you wouldn't mind me using on the site. It will be 914rubber.com .

Thanks,

Mark
hi mark.put me down for a set .i bought some of your other seals and they are first class.please keep feeding us with your products biggrin.gif
914werke
Im down! smile.gif
rhodyguy
WOW!! sweet price. i'll be in for a set in the near future.
roadster fan
Nice price! I would like a set of the outer door seals when available.

I will take the inner door seal set, targa bar set, and rear targa roof seal at the same time so they can be shipped at the same time. Thanks for taking the time and energy to make the products for our cars at an affordable price.

Jim
Challe
Coun't me in as well, I will buy anything you produce for the 914 biggrin.gif
eric914
Me to. Need 2 drivers side and one passenger side.
arvcube
I'll take a set as well. I've got your inner door seals and am on the list for your targa verticals...I'll take some targa top sides too when you have those biggrin.gif
swood
QUOTE(Challe @ Mar 6 2008, 11:47 PM) *

Coun't me in as well, I will buy anything you produce for the 914 biggrin.gif

agree.gif
Mikey914
Pictures added, let me know if you haven't allready if you want in on the lower price.

Thanks,
Mark
rjames
These look great! Please put me down for 1 set.
Allan
I'll take a set...
auerbach
I'll take a set of the outer and inner seals for both sides. PM me with price and address when they are ready.
StratPlayer
Count me in for a set..... drunk.gif
914werke
When installing these do you use any adhesive?
Mikey914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Apr 11 2008, 02:14 PM) *

When installing these do you use any adhesive?

That would depend on the condition of your track. Mine is in pretty good shape and the compression fit works just fine. You could use it if you feel it's necessary, but my answer would be no you really do not need it.
Mikey914
Inners (not the outers) are now on back order until 4/28/08 I just shipped the last 10 that I have in stock and not on Ebay out the door. The additional 4 may or may not be available in about a week.
McMark
I need a set. Please let me know when they're available again.
914werke
Have these shipped yet? sad.gif
arvcube
got mine. thanks mark!
rfuerst911sc
Received mine nice product. Your effort to help save 914's is commendable keep up the good work.
slow914
Ordered a few things, received it very quickly and for a damn good price. Super high quality stuff and great customer service, thank you.

Nick
914werke
Mike got mine as well smile.gif
On the outers, they will need to be trimmed for length?
And the seal curves towards the cab or towards the world?
bandjoey
SMALL WORLD! I discovered your www yesterday, and send an email requesting you make these and other door seals etc. I'm in for a pair and the targa side and rear seals. I think I bought the 'other' door seals from you off ebay some months back, since the photo on your www and ebay look identical. I'll pm you as to how you want to do the sale..here or on your site. Bill biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 4 2008, 03:04 AM) *

QUOTE(ajracer @ Mar 3 2008, 08:14 PM) *

Hi Mark:

Allan

There are 2 types of seals on the door, each works slightly different.

The outer seal (the "new" one) wedges into a track in the door. It has a large (about 1/2" ) fin. This is the first defense to keep water out of the car. That's why I was really surprised to find out this one was porous.

The other seal "clips" onto the body just on the edge of the carpet. It has a bulb that compresses and has 2 additional fins that provide a solid seal against the door. I do have these in stock.

As far as purchasing the new seals the website will make it easier for me to keep track of my inventory and process orders with multiple items. My thought is that I will offer a discount to the world members to reflect the pricing I'm offering on this website. For now I'm starting a list in my messages here. I'll send out paypal requests or you can mail in a check.

I'm still trying to get the mechanics of the website down, I've been so busy lately that I've had a hard time breaking free to work on it.

Still could use a few pictures if anyone has any.
Thanks,
-Mark

Mikey914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 9 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Mike got mine as well smile.gif
On the outers, they will need to be trimmed for length?
And the seal curves towards the cab or towards the world?

I've attached a picture of the drivers door by the handle. The "fin" comes oout from the door. I think you really can only put these in one way. I would start from the upper front where it bumps into the triangle window seal, and work my way to the back by the handle and trimming it there.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Mark
recko911
Do you have a website, I am interested in both the outer door seals and the inner. How much are the inner door seals?
Mikey914
QUOTE(recko911 @ Jun 13 2008, 03:33 PM) *

Do you have a website, I am interested in both the outer door seals and the inner. How much are the inner door seals?

I do have a website 914Rubber.com , I have been selling directly to world "club"members too. I can send you an invoice for what you want via paypal to include shipping.

Thanks again to everyone for their support.
-Mark
Mikey914
Thanks to all of you that have purchased my rubber products. Those of you that have bought these from me feel free to add to this thread.

These are my solid rubber seals made from marine grade rubber. These are very different than the factory in one very important aspect. They are solid. Unlike the factory, which utilized an extruded foam rubber that will retain water, just like a sponge.

This particular material has increased in price much more that the natural rubber (which I couldn't use for this as it was too hard), and other materials. These will be going up to $52 per set. Still much less than factory, but a significant increase.

I can add more sets up until 9/22. So, this is your last chance to get these at this price. There are a few that have ordered from my website that are on back order that I've got covered right now. If you want to these at this pricing let me know.

Jeffs9146
I will take a set! How do you want payment?

Jeff
southernmost914
Mark,
When does the next batch ship out.
Thanks,
Steve
Mikey914
These are shipping oput now. Thanks.
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Apr 27 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Received mine nice product. Your effort to help save 914's is commendable keep up the good work.

shades.gif agree.gif shades.gif
Mikey914
Thanks for digging these up. I had consolidated most of my items to one thread so that it's easier to see everything, but I had not changes the price on thes eto reflect the increase in materials cost (sorry but it's not that much).

-Mark
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 25 2009, 05:18 AM) *

Thanks for digging these up. I had consolidated most of my items to one thread so that it's easier to see everything, but I had not changes the price on thes eto reflect the increase in materials cost (sorry but it's not that much).

-Mark

beerchug.gif No problem, just trying to help the guys out and the out of sight- out of mind, lag in sales these get if they are not moved forward. Great products guys, incredible innovation, efforts and production. I am very impressed at this group as a whole. chowtime.gif

I was unaware of your single thread, good concept. Where please? Thanks-jzn biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.