Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tank Vent Line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I pulled my tank this weekend and I will be replacing the lines in the tunnel with the SS replacements from Tangerine Racing. Question is, do you replace that tiny vent line the runs back to the engine compartment also? Mine is pretty brittle and is breaking, not sure it will survive much longer. Do I pull it and forget it?

Kev beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Why wouldn't you replace it?

The Cap'n
kconway
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 3 2008, 08:32 AM) *

Why wouldn't you replace it?

The Cap'n

Just regular fuel line?
Cap'n Krusty
Well, we mostly call it vacuum hose in that size, but yes, regular fuel hose. 12mm. The Cap'n
kconway
Hey Cap'n,
We're talking about the tiny line that goes back to the charcoal canister in the engine compartment on my 74 right? 12mm seems pretty large. The piece in the tunnel is a plastic tube.

Kev
Cap'n Krusty
Hmmmmm. As I recall, that style appeared in '75. OK, just use an appropriate size braided vacuum/fuel hose. Probably 4mm, maybe 5. Whatever fits securely on the line. The Cap'n
John
If you are still using your evap system and you are replacing the tiny black plastic vent line through the tunnel, I would take a look at McMaster Carr.

McMaster Carr has black 5mm OD fuel/vacuum line.

McMaster Carr

Part number: 5140K224 <-5mm OD
Part number: 5140K214 <-4mm OD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.