Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Almost 1100 views and not one bid is my price to high?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I thought posting it at 16 cents on the dollar of what I have into it would cause a bidding war but man not one bid going on day 3 has me nervous:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...E:IT&ih=008

My friend pointed out that I did a really lousy job with the pictures. I should have taken shots of all aditional parts etc. ... This is not an exit from 914's. I have a 72 914 too. I just have 8 cars and have to get rid of something due to parking constraints.

I know I picked a bad time to sell it. Both seasonally and the stage its in but not worth 1K?

Looking for feedback on the posting ... putting on flame suit so go ahead and tell me what I did wrong.
biosurfer1
Remember, 99% of ebay bidding happens in the last hours (if not minutes) of the auction.
That being said, I highly doubt there will be a bidding war for this particular car only because the things you spent money only matter to a limited amount of people. 2k on a cage and 2.4k on chassis don't add much value to anyone looking for a regular 914, let alone the handful of racers looking on ebay to start a project.

Did you list here, pelican, etc before you listed on ebay?
Todd Enlund
I've got two comments... first, a 914 race chassis is a very specialized item. You've got to hope that you find the right buyers... you need to have at least two buyers interested to get a bidding war. Second, often on eBay shoppers scout out what they are interested in, but won't bid so that the price does not go up. If there is interest, then it will skyrocket in the last few hours of the auction.

If I had the space or the money, I'd love to have it... but I barely have room for the 914 that I already own, and don't have the money to buy everything that I need for this one.
LarryR
I appreciate the feedback. Anything to improve on the listing? I just got off the phone with another friend and he said rent some storage space take it off ebay problem solved beerchug.gif I guess I will give it a few more days and contemplate that route.
sww914
Unfortunately, what you have in it has very little to do with what it's worth now, in most situations. I have 10K in my car in parts and materials alone. I did all the work myself and with the help of friends who worked for free, I figure it's a $7,000.00 car, maybe $8,000.00 on a good day with a tailwind.
I paid $425,000.00 for my house almost 3 years ago, it's worth about $400,000.00 now after all the work and money that I've put into it.
Be glad it's not a boat. They're 10 times worse.
biosurfer1
The only thing I would suggest is to maybe give a quick caption of the pics and why you're showing them (i.e. "look no rust", etc)

Otherwise you seem right on, just limited market
jimkelly
i think you need to decide what you are gonna do BEFORE someone bids $1001.00
because you have no reserve.

also - why do you have a side shift trans engine mount bar with a tailshift trans linkage in the trunk : )

jim
LarryR
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 3 2008, 09:05 PM) *

i think you need to decide what you are gonna do BEFORE someone bids $1001.00
because you have no reserve.

also - why do you have a side shift trans engine mount bar with a tailshift trans linkage in the trunk : )

jim

If someone bids 1001 I would be stuck! the side shift trans engine mount was just in the trunk the tail shift engine mount is still on the engine ...
boxstr
If you relist, start your bidding at $100. put on a reserve and see how high the bidding goes. That will tell you what the buyers are willing to pay. I think you just started out to high.
CCL
byndbad914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 3 2008, 10:47 PM) *

If you relist, start your bidding at $100. put on a reserve and see how high the bidding goes. That will tell you what the buyers are willing to pay. I think you just started out to high.
CCL

agree.gif Stop the listing and re-list with a reserve as described.b
alpha434
All 1344 views were me. Sorry.
brer
what class was this built for?
is it legal in any of them?
LarryR
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:45 AM) *

All 1344 views were me. Sorry.

LOL beerchug.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(brer @ Mar 4 2008, 08:48 AM) *

what class was this built for?
is it legal in any of them?

I was building it for PCA GT5-s and 2 liter challenge.
Joe Ricard
To put it in perspective I picked up my roller race car with a cage and lots of go fast goodies. for 500 bucks. Picked up the blown 2.0L and transaxle for the car for 250.00

So far sold the heads for 500.00

and gave away a bunch or other stuff in horse trade. 1000.00 is pretty steep for a roller.
krazykonrad
If my wife wouldn't kill me within .00000236 seconds of towing it home, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Best of luck,
Konrad
Eric_Shea
Well... posting it here now has it up over 1500 views. wink.gif

Was it posted in the "Classifieds"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.