Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake Runners Paint Color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
kconway
I see many great looking engines in the engine bay thread. What is the grayish finish on the intake runners? Is that powercoated or painted? What is the color and where can I get it?
Thanks,
Kev
TravisNeff
cold galvanizing compound might be a really close match.
scotty b
Rustoleum had a grey in thier " professional" line that is very close. If you want them powder coated try a powder called elctrical gray. It is used on alot of commercial electrical boxes.It also is pretty close.
Pat Garvey
This one of the VERY few applicatons where I consider P-coating acceptable, though I wouldn't do it. P-coating is not really resiliant, so I would never use it underneath. In this application, since it isn't subjected to the outward elements, it could work. Still, I being a semi-purist, would go with conventional paint.

This thread came up some months ago, and a VW source was found that looked dead-on.

I'd suggest a search on all forum for that.

Pat
scotty b
Pat why do you say powder coat isn't resilient? It is quite resilient. WhenI was doing it for a living we did on a daily basis, horse stalls, stair railings, outdoor furniture, car frames, car and 4x4 wheels, suspension. Powder is absloutely the way to go for underside parts. I know you don't want anything non Porscher on your car but how about those tires....or that RE-paint..... poke.gif or the gas.....or the wiper blades..... stirthepot.gif
scotty b
Nice dry.gif original CV's and then the same half assed crappy non resilient powder coated ones rolleyes.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.