Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interior buzzer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
so, i just replaced the floors, pictures to come. ghetto carpet til i can afford the real deal. bare minimum on the interior until i get money. furthermore, before i took the floors out there was never a buzzer-esque noise. when i hooked everything back up i hear a buzzer. fuse 11 controls it. what is it though, seat belts. or something? also i added a cd player and i want to connect it into the accesory of the ignition. where is the best place to do that?

thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Mar 4 2008, 10:33 AM) *

so, i just replaced the floors, pictures to come. ghetto carpet til i can afford the real deal. bare minimum on the interior until i get money. furthermore, before i took the floors out there was never a buzzer-esque noise. when i hooked everything back up i hear a buzzer. fuse 11 controls it. what is it though, seat belts. or something? also i added a cd player and i want to connect it into the accesory of the ignition. where is the best place to do that?

if i recall correctly, the buzzer is triggered when the doors are open. might be only if the lights are on or ignition is on. it's been too long to remember because i never hooked mine back up after the restoration ...

either way, the "annoying" part is by design.
shades.gif Andy
dw914er
on mine, the buzzer if for the when the doors are open (i have a sticker on both of the front triangle windows saying "this car is equipped with an alarm system" refering to the buzzer)

if it is the same buzzer, it is triggered by the button that also works the interior light

i disconnected the drivers door one, which was easy, but i said screw it for the passenger one, and left it still connected (just too lazy i guess)
Root_Werks
EEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeEEEeeEEEEEEEEEeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeEEEE! huh.gif
Cevan
Can the buzzer be removed? I don't want to disconnect the door switches as I want the interior light to come on when the door is opened. If so, how? I'm not sure if it's integrated into some other component.
akellym
I unplugged mine the first day I got the car!!!!
dw914er
i think the button has the two wires on it, and so figure which one is not the light, and disconnect

mine happened to be loose, so it was obvious
akellym
You can just unplug the buzzer from under the dash. It looks like a flasher relay.
iamchappy
QUOTE(akellym @ Mar 4 2008, 04:02 PM) *

You can just unplug the buzzer from under the dash. It looks like a flasher relay.

aktion035.gif
rufio0205
...funny story...true story. my interior light was never hooked up. it was just apparently for looks. and bad one at that because when i bought the car it was broke. so...i tried opening the doors with the key in or whatever. good call. my driver side doesnt make the buzzer go off.. smile.gif but the passenger does sad.gif but i am content with that i wont screw with it.

so where can i hook the cd player into the system. which fuse should i run it to?
Dave_Darling
On my 74 2.0, the "door ajar" buzzer was under the passenger's seat next to the Dreaded Seatbelt Interlock Relay. It was easy to listen to where the noise was coming from and unplug it.

I think fuse #8 has switched power on it. And there's often an empty pin on it. (Or on whatever fuse number it is.) Most stereo stuff wants two power connections; one "switched" power and one "constant" power. I hooked into one of the lines directly from the battery, "upstream" of the fuse box.

You can hook up to the fuse box for the unswitched power; just look on the wiring diagram that has a wire running directly to the battery.

--DD
McMark
av-943.gif

I absolutely and completely forgot that there was a buzzer on 914s. I haven't heard one in probably 8 years. laugh.gif
charliew
I've had my 914 for about 6 months to do a subie swap and every time I go to move it the buzzers going off even with the doors closed. I thought it might be a low fuel buzzer because I only have a little fuel in it to move it around till I start on it. It's a pain but I know it will be a minor deal. Before I start stripping it I will need to figger it out so it won't be a surprise when I go back together. The low fuel light is on thats why I thought it might also have a buzzer for the fuel.

Sometimes I make things more complicated than they really are.

McMark I have three type 3's in my back yard complete not running. Not really mine, I'm supposed to sell them. I haven't really tried very hard. I guess I'll take them to their owner, he has many type 3 shells, he used to race a couple of them. He moved and I brought them home to try to help him out on the move. Then he drug all the partial ones to his new place (he said he was going to scrap them all)and I am looking at these in my back yard. His are out in the country hidden unlike mine.

Charliew
TeenerTim
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Mar 4 2008, 01:33 PM) *

most annoying noise in the world

You've obviously never heard my ex-wife bitch about something! av-943.gif
dw914er
its not that annoying

wait, yeah it is lol
rufio0205
new floors.
rufio0205
i guess i never heard myself bitch about getting the floors replaced av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.