Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are they worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
While searching for some parts for my 928 I found a 914 hanging out in the same junk yard. The car was in decent shape (except for usual rust) and I was surprised to find that there were many interior parts that were in great shape (door panels, targa top roll bar, arm rests, etc). I asked if they'd let me take some seals and misc interior parts for one price but they have min. $50/piece price. So there will be a lot of good parts that go to the crusher with that car becuase they aren't worth $50 by themselves but they are parts I need. headbang.gif

What I'm wondering is what a good targa bar pad is worth? Should I give them their minimum $50 for it?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(1.8914 @ Mar 4 2008, 05:36 PM) *

While searching for some parts for my 928 I found a 914 hanging out in the same junk yard. The car was in decent shape (except for usual rust) and I was surprised to find that there were many interior parts that were in great shape (door panels, targa top roll bar, arm rests, etc). I asked if they'd let me take some seals and misc interior parts for one price but they have min. $50/piece price. So there will be a lot of good parts that go to the crusher with that car becuase they aren't worth $50 by themselves but they are parts I need. headbang.gif

What I'm wondering is what a good targa bar pad is worth? Should I give them their minimum $50 for it?

Yes. It is worth $50 if it is as good as you indicate. You can also pay several hundred to have yours reconditioned. Sound like $50 is good now?
jimkelly
maybe you could offer to buy the car $200-$300 ??

lotus_65
they'll deal if they're in business to make money.

be clever, and friendly. bring them a dozen doughnuts and a list of parts including the ones you think you can sell for a profit.

then negotiate maybe 60% of the total IF you can remove the parts (carefully) yourself. broken bolts aren't worth anything!

then get the parts and the vin for the records and say goodbye.

Pat Garvey
A classic example of Capitalism & Free Enterprise!

Market economy too. The whole car could be a decent buy, if the price in right.

eBay is waiting, but then you have to deal with the remaining guts.
Gint
Buy the whole car.

Otherwise, if the targa bar pad does not have any cracks, it's worth a lot more than $50. Grab it!
911quest
This shows how much the price of steal has gone up...the more it weighs the more it's worth.
messix
just bring a sawzall and cut the part of the car that has all the pieces that you want off, see one piece for $50.
orange914
QUOTE(messix @ Mar 4 2008, 06:47 PM) *

just bring a sawzall and cut the part of the car that has all the pieces that you want off, see one piece for $50.

tooth.gif thumb3d.gif
JRust
QUOTE(orange914 @ Mar 4 2008, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Mar 4 2008, 06:47 PM) *

tooth.gif thumb3d.gif

That is one hell of a good comment av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Seriously funny piratenanner.gif
championgt1
agree.gif $50 for the whole car. It is just one piece!

Funny stuff man! av-943.gif
rhodyguy
if you don't want the targa bar pad, i'll send you the $50 and pay you for your time to get it for me. wink.gif if it's in good condition, it's worth FAR more than $50. same for the door panels if they're uncut for speakers. seats? ditto. backpad? repeat. chrome bumpers?
The problem is they won't let me take off the parts...I asked. If what they did to a good 928 leather dash while getting out the gauge cluster is any indication then the door panels will be toast probably along with most any other interior parts I'd want. Makes me sick. They ruin a $500 dash to get out a $50 gauge cluster. Not only that but they won't sell me a near new 928 Borla exhaust system because "we don't sell exhausts" and when asked why the guy said "we sell them for scrap". WTF.gif

I'm going down to get a fender off one of the 928s in a few days so I'm probably going to haggle with them some more. The 914 also has quite a few good parts that I need and probably a good 1.7...looked unmolested for the most part.
JPB
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Yes we needs to see homechicken and think of the ebay possibilities!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.