Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: winter is back ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
in other forums I always read that guys start their season and already drive their teener ... but in my area the winter is back dry.gif

we had heavy snowfall half of the night and during the day, even down in the valley where I live we have 1-4 inches snow - in higher areas they have much more, up to 2 feet blink.gif
as a result they used much salt, so it seems that my season will start much later ...

bye1.gif Gustl
TJB/914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 5 2008, 01:49 AM) *

in other forums I always read that guys start their season and already drive their teener ... but in my area the winter is back dry.gif

we had heavy snowfall half of the night and during the day, even down in the valley where I live we have 1-4 inches snow - in higher areas they have much more, up to 2 feet blink.gif
as a result they used much salt, so it seems that my season will start much later ...

bye1.gif Gustl

Hi Gustl (Wolfgand)

I feel your pain. Woke up this morning with about 6" of snow & will probably get more this week. I am sooooo sick of winter that last night I pulled the trigger and booked a flight to sunny Florida for the Easter week. Leaving March 19th. We are really looking forward to sunshine & warm weather for a few weeks.

Gustl, your winter weather is a lot more severe due to the mountains so have a beer & relax. Think spring.

Tom
BTW: I snapped this snow picture this week. w00t.gif
914Sixer
Well outside of San Antonio, it will be a balmy 78 degrees this afternoon. Not to bad this morning in the upper 40's.
Gustl
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 5 2008, 01:49 PM) *

oooops blink.gif

it's good to see that I'm not allone biggrin.gif

btw - good idea to have a beerchug.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
SGB
here in the southern US, yesterday I road my bike in shorts and a T-shirt. Today it is 30 degrees f.
davep
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 5 2008, 05:08 AM) *

Well outside of San Antonio, it will be a balmy 78 degrees this afternoon. Not to bad this morning in the upper 40's.

Hey Mark, what is the cost of shipping up some of the nice weather? Usual address.

Dave
alpha434
Lol.

Here, in CO, it snowed 6 inches last night, and it will all be melted before mid day.

Colorado weather is ridiculous.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 5 2008, 04:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 5 2008, 01:49 AM) *

bye1.gif Gustl

Hi Gustl (Wolfgand)

I feel your pain. Woke up this morning with about 6" of snow & will probably get more this week. I am sooooo sick of winter that last night I pulled the trigger and booked a flight to sunny Florida for the Easter week. Leaving March 19th. We are really looking forward to sunshine & warm weather for a few weeks.

Gustl, your winter weather is a lot more severe due to the mountains so have a beer & relax. Think spring.

Tom

Gustl,

Another snow picture of the mate to the blue Hudson alongside the road. Notice the radio antenna!!!! Tell Pat Garvey I am going to put one on my 914 stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
Not really, but I like to play CW stirthepot.gif head games with him.

T
iamchappy
It's still snowing here!
Root_Werks
Seattle - little frost on cars this morning, but clear sunny and dry!
VaccaRabite
unseasonably warm in PA right now. Could have had snow, but instead just got a bunch of rain.

In fact, Southern PA pretty much got the shaft as far as snow goes this year. We got one ice storm, and two glorified flurries. Hell, I did not even run a full tank of gas through my snow blower, for a decent storm a tank will just clear my drive.

Zach
hcdmueller
Snowed an inch or so yesterday here in western Germany while I was at work. Today it warmed up nicely and almost all of it is gone now.

Same as Austria though. Salt everywhere. There were piles of it on the roads. The Germans love it.
balljoint
+10 Celsius here on Monday, no need for a jacket. smile.gif

This morning -5 and 15 cm of snow. sad.gif

In like a lamb-lion, out like a lion-lamb March always keeps you guessing in Southern Ontario.
STL914
Ok, here's one for you guys:

Sunday here in the St. Louis area we had a high of 78. Temp's dropped all day Monday, and that evening we started with sleet and finished up Tueaday afternoon with 6 to 10 inches of snow. We lost about 50 degrees in less than 24 hours.

This is about the third time this winter we've gone through similar weather cycles.
73Phoenix20
Click to view attachment79 degrees and low humidity here in the FL Keys...

Visited the HGTV "Dream House" today... not so much... house looks impressive but the site is so - so... Oh, and it is NOT in Islamorada! Located right next door to Founders Park on Plantation Key; the new owner's willl have a bunch of "Poor Folk" walking on their beach, coming over from the park, and the park has a bunch of noisey "festivals" every year... In fact it is right next door to a tourist trap called "The Rain Barrel", which used to be a sort of nice artists enclave, selling upscale stuff, but is now 90% tourista junk...

In any case, the sun is shining brightly, temps are perfect, and you will never see snow down here... photo taken off the front deck...

Oh, yeah; it's for sale if anyone is buying, and I will throw in the new (20 HOURS) 22' Center Console... perfect for Bay or Ocean, and we have caught some nice Red Grouper and Yellowtail from that boat...

Or, just strap on the skies and enjoy Winter!!!
So.Cal.914
It's about 80 F today, about 20mi east of Palm Springs, been really nice this

winter. My wife has been in New Jersey sence last July, she wishes she was home

now. Hang in there Guy's, spring is coming.

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
uh-huh?
So.Cal.914
What's all that white shit? sad.gif
SirAndy
got my first sunburn of the year today at the racetrack (infineon) biggrin.gif

it was hot and no clouds in sight ... time for some cool ...
beer3.gif Andy
dw914er
poor hudsons!!
lol

san luis obispo, and redlands california have been high 70s, mid 80s

now fix those fi leaks, and perfect driving weather

lol driving.gif
craig downs
WTF.gif wheres global warming
SirAndy
QUOTE(craig downs @ Mar 5 2008, 07:36 PM) *

WTF.gif wheres global warming

in hibernation? confused24.gif
jsayre914
This was before I had a garage. sad.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 6 2008, 03:09 PM) *

This was before I had a garage. sad.gif

holy sh*t blink.gif wacko.gif

I pay a lot for my garage, but now I really know what for ...
ConeDodger
Definately still winter in Northern California. I am looking out the window now at clouds. biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
And now they are predicting another 6" overnite..... headbang.gif
PRS914-6
Hmm, not liking the weather in Austria uh? Anyone who has been to Austria in summer will not feel sorry for you. Talk about great roads for a 914 and a beautiful green country!! Suck it up buddy, I live in sunny California and I'm still jealous. beerchug.gif

I'll bet Arnold did not come for the weather.... slap.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Mar 8 2008, 08:01 AM) *
Anyone who has been to Austria in summer will not feel sorry for you.

rolleyes.gif

o.k., o.k. ... it would help if I would like skiing ... but I don't happy11.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
PRS914-6
Well, we are pretty spoiled in California (for weather, not politics and taxes)
Last week....51 degrees at the ski resort
Click to view attachment

You can go a few miles down the road and get this:
Click to view attachment

A couple of hours further you can have this:
Click to view attachment

You could hit it all in one day this time of year but it still doesn't compare to Austria beerchug.gif
iamchappy
It's been below zero the past few days. Looks like a warm up's coming next week maybe even as high as the 40's...
davep
I've just spent a whole day trying to dig out. Yesterday I was out 3 times moving about 4" each time. It was coming so fast one time that I could not keep up. Today dawned bright and sunny so we'll be able to finish the cleanup before the next storm hits. Just finished one stint outside, and now that the plow has just gone by I'll have to move another pile. I'm running out of places to push it. Fine time for the carb on the snowblower to fail.
Gustl
we got another 3" last night - down in the valley

at the higher places they have more than 1 ft ...

blink.gif Gustl
PRS914-6
Summer is here in central California it seems.......... Forecast:
Today: Sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming west between 4 and 7 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 73. South southwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.
gopack
I just took this [picture out the window, we just hit 100 inches to shatter the old snowfall record of 72! I think we only got about 8 inches yesterday!

Click to view attachment

shot through the window screen, so not the best pic, but you get the idea! notice the guy out with his snow blower!
iamchappy
We just returned from our Sat morning hike, there was a good 10" of new snow we slogged through. It is beautiful outside with the evergreens heavily laden with the snow but i am ready for it to come to and end.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(gopack @ Mar 22 2008, 08:16 AM) *

I just took this picture out the window, we just hit 100 inches to shatter the old snowfall record of 72!

I hope this means that the water levels this summer will be higher than last year. We have a place north of you, and it was so low last year it was scary.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.