Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing In Car Video Link
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
For those of you with fast internet access here's the view from inside my race car last fall at Mid-Ohio. It's just the last lap and a half of the race.

Racing In Car Video
redshift
VIDEO LINKY

Oh, this is the one that was on tv?

AWESOME!

M
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 12 2004, 06:40 PM)
VIDEO LINKY

Oh, this is the one that was on tv?

AWESOME!

M

How did you fix that faster than me?

Yeah, the tv showed the last half of the last lap from outside the car!
larryp
Cool! Does this mean my car's done? ohmy.gif

Go back to work! Bad Chris, bad Chris!
redshift
I caught a very small glance at it... that was cool..

If you flare my car, I'll tell you how I fixed that link.

smile.gif

By the way, Chris, how much for your flare job?

M
Aaron Cox
sweet! smilie_pokal.gif you were all over tha guys butt...bummer, couldnt get a pass sad.gif
URY914
Cool as shit!! smilie_flagge24.gif

I found this picture of Chris at the start.
Aaron Cox
are all these cars in the same class?
redshift
WTF is a Lancia.

lol

M
Aaron Cox
ah...a lancia
was going nuts trying to identify it!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(larryp @ Jan 12 2004, 06:50 PM)
Cool! Does this mean my car's done? ohmy.gif

Go back to work! Bad Chris, bad Chris!

I'm sorry Larry, I have been very bad.
On the plus side, the engine is bolted in.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 12 2004, 08:04 PM)
ah...a lancia

You also didn't identify the Spitfire and the Miata. BTW, the Honda is a Civic, but not a CRX. All the others are Spridgets I think.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 12 2004, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 12 2004, 08:04 PM)
ah...a lancia

You also didn't identify the Spitfire and the Miata. BTW, the Honda is a Civic, but not a CRX. All the others are Spridgets I think.

cuz i knew what they were LOL laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 12 2004, 06:50 PM)
I caught a very small glance at it... that was cool..

If you flare my car, I'll tell you how I fixed that link.

smile.gif

By the way, Chris, how much for your flare job?

M

I don't care how you did it, just how you beat me to it. While I was trying to fix it I read your first post. My first attempt failed, then I saw you had posted a working link while I was filling in the blank spaces with %20's.

My flares are $1600 each, installed.
URY914
Why didn't you just bump that Lancia POS off the track like Tom Cruise did in Days of Thunder? laugh.gif

Paul
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 12 2004, 07:04 PM)
sweet! smilie_pokal.gif you were all over tha guys butt...bummer, couldnt get a pass sad.gif

My master cylinder failed at the beginning of the race and I had no rear brakes. Did you notice where I missed a turn in at one corner? Right after that corner is where the TV coverage picked us up. The announcer says "not a lot going on there" ,LOL, but I caught him again after a couple of more turns.
I really thought I was about to hit the Lancia at the last corner.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 12 2004, 08:16 PM)
Why didn't you just bump that Lancia POS off the track like Tom Cruise did in Days of Thunder? laugh.gif

Paul

We don't get points for that in SCCA like they do in NASCAR. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 12 2004, 07:37 PM)
Cool as shit!! smilie_flagge24.gif

I found this picture of Chris at the start.

I could have bought a whole CD of pictures of my car from one photographer. We previewed them at the track after the race, but decided to wait and see what our regular photographer came up with. My avatar comes from one of his. smile.gif
I never went to the racesite.com to check out the event coverage, but they did have a good write-up about my win at LRP last June.
Gint
That was great Chris! Thanks for posting it. smilie_flagge24.gif
jdogg
Great video, Chris.
ss6
Finally got my viewer working again, nice video, Chris!

BTW, you mentioned your master cylinder failed. How does a master cylinder fail? What breaks in there?
scotty
that with no rear brakes? Double WOW! Great video! Thanks from those of us without the speed channel!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ss6 @ Jan 25 2004, 09:51 AM)
How does a master cylinder fail? What breaks in there?

the most common failure is the rubber piston seals quit sealing.

you've got rubber seals riding in a cast iron bore - they'll all wear eventually. with just a little bit of corrosion/rust (remember - brake fluid is hygroscopic and will suck water right out of the air) in the bore, the pits can crew up a set of seals in no time.

if yours hasn't yet - it will.

-usually- you get some advance warning of brake fluid seeping into the pedal box, where it swells the nylon bushings (if you've still got those). this is why you're advised to changes brake fluid at least every 2 yrs (every year is better, and racers-guys who run very high-temp (and more hygroscpoic) fluid change between events. and check your reservoir. a certain amount of fluid level lowering can be attributed to pad wear, but if it's -really- low, you've got a leak ...
rick 918-S
Thanks for posting that coool video. Great fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.